Car Seats

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By binz1031

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
What type of seat is your baby in?
If baby is in an infant seat when are you planning on switching to a convertible?
Are you planning on following the new recommendation of rear facing to at least age 2?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 19th, 2012, 12:06 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What type of seat is your baby in? Infant carrier
If baby is in an infant seat when are you planning on switching to a convertible? He could probably be switched anytime now since he is so big, lol. We have a problem with out truck though, a convertible seat will not fit in the front seat will DD's booster seat! We have to get another car before he can be switched in the truck. Our car we can anytime.
Are you planning on following the new recommendation of rear facing to at least age 2? yes, we do

July 19th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
she is still in the infant seat and I think is ready for a convertable but hubby disagrees so there we stand. I hate, hate, hate, hate, lugging that seat around and take her out of it all the time now. She can sit up just fine in a regular cart seat. Hubby doesn't understand why I do that but hey if you want to lug 30+ lbs around be my guest.

I do plan on RF until 2 or as close as I can.

July 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought my son a new 5 point harness booster seat (he was in the convertible carseat from when he was a baby) and when we did that my husband changed out her infant carrier with the convertible carseat (miscommunication, I still wanted her in the infant carrier for when she fell asleep in the car!!). So now she's in the convertible carseat.

Rear facing til at LEAST 2 years old and after that we'll see how it goes.
July 19th, 2012, 04:34 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Emma is still in her infant seat. I'm thinking of moving my almost 3 year old to a booster and putting her in the convertable he's currently in... but I'm not sure I'm ready to move him to a booster.

I will get my way this time and Emma will stay RF until at least 2 years!

July 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmama
Owen is in his infant seat still. I will probably switch to a convertible seat sometime around a year old. (he is in a keyfit 30) He will stay rearfacing until AT LEAST 2. Most likely longer.

July 19th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hailey's in her convertible carseat and we are both happier!! she hated that infant carrier, she's been in a convertible car seat since 2-3 months

I will keep her RF as long as possible hopefully making it to 2 years but we will see what happens

July 19th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Piper is still in her infant seat. She's starting to get heavy in that thing though. lol we might be switching her over to a convertible soon. I'll try to keep her rear facing as long as possible.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
July 19th, 2012, 10:46 PM
brwneygirl's Avatar MommyX3
Both girls are in a convertible carseats. I just switched them last week and they really seem to like it. I was getting tired of lugging two infant carries everywhere I went. I plan on keeping them RF until 2.

July 20th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
We have a Diono Radian convertible carseat {used to be Sunshine Kids}. We will be rear facing as long as possible.

July 20th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I'm so glad to see so many people wanting to keep their babies rear faced for longer!! It's definitely safer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz1031 View Post
Emma is still in her infant seat. I'm thinking of moving my almost 3 year old to a booster and putting her in the convertable he's currently in... but I'm not sure I'm ready to move him to a booster.

I will get my way this time and Emma will stay RF until at least 2 years!
I wouldn't put him in a booster. He's not big/old enough. I recommend a great seat called the Evenflo Maestro. It's only around $80 and it's a forward facing seat with a harness and also is a booster up to 100lbs! If you need any help, let me know! Kids shouldn't go to boosters until around 5.5-6 years. They have to know how to sit up straight, no slouching, no bending over, etc 100% of the time. Plus the seatbelt needs to be setting in the right place.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 20th, 2012, 09:10 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia&DelilahsMommy View Post
I'm so glad to see so many people wanting to keep their babies rear faced for longer!! It's definitely safer!

I wouldn't put him in a booster. He's not big/old enough. I recommend a great seat called the Evenflo Maestro. It's only around $80 and it's a forward facing seat with a harness and also is a booster up to 100lbs! If you need any help, let me know! Kids shouldn't go to boosters until around 5.5-6 years. They have to know how to sit up straight, no slouching, no bending over, etc 100% of the time. Plus the seatbelt needs to be setting in the right place.
Thanks I was thinking one w/ a harness still (I guess they aren't considered boosters huh? I will look into that seat you mentioned.

July 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Veteran
Abbie just got her an Evenflo Symphony LX last weekend. The first few days were full of crying, but now she loves it I was tired of carrying around the infant seat and she never stayed in it long since she prefers to see everything around her. She will stay RF as long as possible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search