when will my baby...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM
nartist's Avatar baby2
ever sleep through the night!! its not fair! im sooo tired of this and i dont know what to do I tried the cio tonight and he has a cold so i felt soo bad with his plugged nose and crying made it worse but im sooooo tired. i let him cry for about 25-30 mins and he just stood in his crib and cried and snot everywhere so i eventually went in and cuddled for a few minutes and put him back down and he was so tired he finally went to sleep. does anyone have any suggestions???? i really wanna deal with this now cause the older he gets the harder it will be and the longer i think he will cry for. HELP!!!

Thanks KILIKI for my siggy!
July 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The poor little guy is sick, so for now I'm not surprised at all he's being so difficult to get to sleep. When he's not sick and otherwise miserable, what's his eating schedule like? Assuming you've already started him on solids, have you tried giving him kind of a big meal within an hour or so of bedtime? That seems to work for Lily most times. If I give her her last feeding for the day a little earlier, then she is up and down and up and down. Something else I have taken to doing is putting her in her swing in the middle of the night/early morning when I know she has a full tummy but would rather play than sleep. The swing is right by our room so I can hear her easily if she has any issues. We have a small house, so I can hear her from anywhere. Then she sleeps much better and so do I if she had been up and down a lot. I hope this helps! I know full well how miserable being so exhausted is all the time.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

July 25th, 2012, 06:36 AM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
Emma has gone from sleeping all night to waking a bunch lately.. I'm exhausted... but she wakes and nurses back to sleep... for your little guy I might wait until he's not sick to let him CIO.. I'm not a cio person really.. I will let them fuss but all out crying doesn't work for me... Maybe you could let him fuss for a bit, then go in and pick him up get him settled, then lay him back down... if he fusses some more, just repeat.. he needs to know he's not just left all alone and scared.. just go reassure him you are right here and hopefully he'll get used to going to sleep and staying asleep Good luck

July 25th, 2012, 10:25 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swear these babies talk to each other, lol! Jordan has had a cold for a week now and has been waking up 2-3x's everynight starting at about 2:30/3:00. Hopefully once the colds pass sleep will get better!

July 26th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Teething is killing sleep around here. She is cutting her top two now.

July 26th, 2012, 07:01 PM
nartist's Avatar baby2
whats the verdict on bumpers?? he rocks on his knees and keeps bumping his head which makes him cry more and i have to pick him up or i feel horrible. otherwise he has gotten his leg stuck in the bars. i cant just let him get hurt. AHH! Sooo tired! i think hes teething to boot.

July 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I personally don't use them.

July 26th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Super Mommy
Riley had been sleeping through the night finally. I was using a white noise machine and fed her dinner about an hour before bed and then a 6 oz bottle at bedtime. But lately she has been fighting me to go to sleep. I gave up on all the other methods and finally had to settle with CIO as much as I hate it but it worked and is working again. I am a much more bearable person in the mornings and so is she. Although, when she sleeps good at night she will go down around 830 and up around 1030. I love it. But then she has those off days/nights where she acts as though she doesn't need sleep......

good luck. And as for the bumpers, I took mine out but wish I hadn't. When Riley throws fits she will get her legs stuck in between the slats and then turn and get stuck and then just cries even harder. Thinking about putting them back on now that she is older.

July 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor got into a terrible sleep pattern when she was around 5.5 months old and I kept thinking it was teething or a growth spurt or something like that. She was keeping me up all hours of the night, waking me literally 8-10 times a night. I only fed her 1-2 times a night, but she just couldn't transition from one sleep cycle to the next without our help.

I finally decided to try attended CIO... I stayed in the room with her, but laid her in the crib and kept her there until she fell asleep on her own. At first I would lay her down if she stood and shush/pat her until she calmed, then I would lay her down if she stood and just stay in the room with her, now I don't lay her down if she stands, but stay in the room with her. Over the course of a few weeks, we have gotten to the point where a lot of nights she just wakes once for a feeding. Some nights/naps she doesn't fight much and others she does, but we are all more well rested. And it was a level of CIO I could stand... I knew she wasn't scared, just mad that we weren't doing things the old way.

I hope you work it out soon. Sleep deprivation is so hard
July 29th, 2012, 09:12 PM
nartist's Avatar baby2
so the cio with me in the room was ok but then i started leaving the room and sitting outside holding a mirror up so i could see him but he couldnt see me and it seems better that way cause as soon as he sees me he cries way more! now we are at the point of very little to no crying at bedtime. naps are a bit more challenging and middle of the night isnt 100% yet but slowly getting better i think.
thanks for the support ladies! btw i havent gotten bumpers and prob wont .

July 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it's improving! Jordan cries more when he see's me too.

July 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Bella was not able to CIO, it just made it 100x worse if I tried letting her CIO. So I was just rocking her to sleep each night (wouldn't take too long since after her bottle she was already tired) and then laying her down when she was asleep. Naptime was horrible because she had a hard time falling asleep but I kept with it, trying to rock her to sleep then transfer her. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Now I can lay her down when she's sleepy but awake and she will go to sleep right away, or she will whine for a minute and then fall asleep. I think something that helped was rocking her in her room and sleeping is the only time she's in there so being in her room is an automatic sleep trigger for her now making it easier.

She still doesn't STTN most of the time. But it's a lot better than it used to be, only 1 or 2 wakes and its just for a paci. She sleeps 10 hours between bottles, then has milk and goes back to sleep for another 2 hours. I wish she did 12 hours straight with no wakeups but I'm just thankful to be getting this much sleep after the 7 months I had of waking every 2 hours or so!
July 31st, 2012, 01:03 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it's gotten better.

I know they say don't do it, but I put William in his crib with a bottle of milk. There has only been two times he doesn't finish it before going to sleep. He'll suck it down and fall asleep.

He started sleeping more at night once I started doing that and sleeping on the couch. He's too light of a sleeper for me to even check on him at night.

He has a womb sounds bear in there that I've always used but not for soothing. I just use it to try and cover up any noise I make by walking around, watching movies, or making food or cleaning up. But he's gotten so used to it that I now have to take it to daycare with him so he can actually nap.

And sometimes he will wake up around 2 or 3am or 5 or 6am but it seems that most of the time he goes to bed between 8:30-9pm and is out until about 8:30am.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

July 31st, 2012, 05:31 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Amelia still wakes through the night, and probably will for awhile. Reading the No Cry Sleep solution to see if we can get her through the night or at least waking up only once. I just cannot do CIO
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
July 31st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmama
Owen STILL wakes up 1-3 times every night. So I feel your pain. This boy is just not a good sleeper like my DD was, so I am just trying to accept that. On a good night, he wakes up about 3am and again between 6-7am. Luckily now he just eats and goes back down awake so it's not as bad as it used to be. I can't wait until I actually get to sleep a full night without getting up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search