Whew! Whatta month!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
Things in the Smith household have been CRAZY for the past month. We had company visiting for two weekends and then Zeb and I went on a roadtrip. We drove about 10 hours to Kansas City to visit some friends (my husband and I used to live there). On the second night there, Zeb woke up at 3 AM and threw up everywhere. He lost his appetite the next day and I knew it had to be an ear infection. His symptoms are so weird...puke, no appetite, no fever. We headed up to Des Moines to visit dh and my parents and I took him to Urgent Care. Sure enough...DOUBLE ear infection #5. Got him on antibiotics and put up with two more days of puking at about 5 days of extreme fussiness before he finally felt a bit better. He also cut 4 teeth during the week.

My husband and I went on a huge bike ride across the state of Iowa and I left my baby with family for an entire week! It was tough -- but they sent me lots of pics and updates and he had a blast with my parents, my husband's parents, and my sister-in-law. He cut 3 more teeth -- which means he has 7 more teeth than when we left (4 of them were molars!).

We got back from our ride on Saturday and drove the 12 hours home on Sunday. Today we have a meeting with a services coordinator (Zeb qualified for speech therapy), tomorrow we are getting our carpets cleaned and Zeb has his 18 month well visit, and Wednesday is my first day back at school and Zeb's first day at his new day care.

I am so proud of my Zeb -- he has been so flexible even though he was not feeling the greatest. It was tough to be a "single parent" while travelling, but it was also nice to give family such a great opportunity to bond with Zebbie.
July 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That is reallllly busy. Sorry he had another ear infection. But other than that sounds like a great month.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

July 31st, 2012, 11:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that does sound like a busy, but fun filled month! Poor Zeb, cutting all those teeth and a double ear infection, I hope he'll return to his normal self soon. I hope everything will go well with the new day care.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
August 4th, 2012, 08:48 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I swear every time Zayden and I travel to Indiana to visit my family, he has an ear infection! Never fails! Im stuck paying medical bills! LOL

Sounds like you had a blast!
August 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
Poor lil guy! What a trip!!! I have a question for you, I'm sorry if you've already posted the answer elsewhere but I haven't seen it. How did you guys come to the decision to get speech therapy?

DJ Junior.

August 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey Rozz Berry...other people have asked, too

So, we noticed a few delays in fine motor skills and babbling at around 14 months (Zeb was 2 months early...so developmentally he was 12 months old). Our doc knows that we like to be proactive, so she recommended him for an eval, which is through our school district. So, we met with an occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech therapist and school psychologist...all at once! They noticed some minor delays (in relation to his "adjusted" age), but nothing that qualified him for services. They had some great suggestions and wanted us to come back after three months if we didn't see an increase in speech.

So, four months later we had another eval with just a speech therapist. Zeb is doing really well in all the other areas, but had no words (even mama and dada). So, they recommended speech therapy once a week and we will re-evaluate when he turns 2. It is all free and we feel like its a great way to be proactive. I have a feeling that he is going to really take off sometime soon, but it's great to get ideas from a speech therapist. In fact, we have already seen improvement based on the feedback they gave us at our eval.

Also, if he is still receiving services at 3 years old (we are hoping not!), but he would qualify for free pre school through the school district.
August 8th, 2012, 06:25 AM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow - that is a busy month. The bike ride sounds like so much fun! And it's awesome that Zeb did so well staying with family.
Unexplained Infertility - TTC #1 since 5/08.
6/10 - IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg. BFP! 6/27/10...It's TWINS!
Esme Mireille, 3 lbs. 10 oz., and Nadine Adele, 4 lbs. 4 oz., born Jan 29th. 2011.
5/14 - TTC #3.

My Ovulation Chart

August 15th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crazy month...good luck going back to school!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search