Nursery Air Fresheners

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By VikingMamma
  • 2 Post By *~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Do you use them? Not like there is any specific brand I know of or anything just for babies. But I used to have a lavendar reed difuser in there but it lasted like a day and didn't smell anymore. Now all I smell is those pampers wipies. Ugh. So tired of smelling them! They are in a wipe heater so it's like it's own smell difuser... We got a big 720 pack of those wipies at my shower. I think I have like 3 packages left. Anyone put special scents in the baby's room? And what works best for you?

August 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Julka
Nope, but his room has this stuffy smell when he wakes up in the morning and I just open the window really wide between the time he wakes up and his nap and it smells nice and fresh by his first nap. Our issue is he has been pooping A LOT lately, I think because he just cut a top tooth, and he seems to wake up with a dirty diaper in the mornings and after naps and he goes in between naps, and since the change table is in his bedroom, it feels like his room smells like poop a lot. But I really just open the window and let it air out. I hate the smell, though.
August 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Same here, open windows. . .but its been so unbearably hot sometimes we cant leave them open and all day long his room just gets poopier and poopier, and i promise you we take out the garbage in there like 4 times a week lol!

Im thinking of using one of my scentsy warmers in there. . .you should check them out they work REALLY well for the rest of the house, never thought about it for his room!

August 7th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I don't have the poopy smell issue I think because I take her pampers to the kitchen trash can and she doesn't have a really strong smell anyhoo. I guess man babys must have a man poopy smell. How does a scentsy warmer work. Does it plug in? Is it fire?

August 7th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Miranda, Do NOT go buy any commercial air fresheners what ever you do. Those things are so incredibly toxic. If your interested, look into essential oil, non-toxic air fresheners that have positive qualities, not stuff that contains carcinogenic chemicals and coats the inside of your nose.
TheOnlyPink likes this.
August 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
no i dont use any scents in the house for allergy reasons. I dont want my kids developing breathing issues, and we have childhood asthma in both sides of our families so i dont want any unnecessary triggers around.
TheOnlyPink and VikingMamma like this.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

August 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
I use a Citrus Magic Disc. works great.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
August 7th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Loves Kate!
We use a diaper pail and unscented wipes so her doesn't smell. Some mornings when she has a very full diaper it will smell a little but it goes right away.

A side note- I do think that formula fed babies have stinker poo than breastfeed babies. When we switched to formula I noticed a big difference! Formula stinks!

Born 11/19/11
August 7th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I've never heard about air fresheners being toxic... I use candles. Are they toxic?

August 8th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
I've never heard about air fresheners being toxic... I use candles. Are they toxic?
Depends on where you are getting them from, but yes it is very possible.
August 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Scentsys plug in they are bulbs not fire. They are non toxic wax that melts, like a candle warmer only no fire.

Scentsy Non-Toxic Candles | Get Better Scents

August 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I don't use anything, but his room doesn't have a smell. Well every house has a unique "smell' but his room doesn't smell like anything in particular. I have a diaper pail though so maybe that helps with the diaper smell?

August 21st, 2012, 07:20 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
It says "non-toxic" on that link you posted Sarey

We don't change diapers in his room so no poo smell, or wipes smell. LOL. ..& we also BF so maybe that helps the stink. ?? I have no clue. I haven't really noticed any lingering odors.. poo or otherwise. LOL

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

August 22nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mBABYe View Post
It says "non-toxic" on that link you posted Sarey

We don't change diapers in his room so no poo smell, or wipes smell. LOL. ..& we also BF so maybe that helps the stink. ?? I have no clue. I haven't really noticed any lingering odors.. poo or otherwise. LOL
huh? i dont understandddd. . .lol

August 22nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Hey did you notice that the one random post about scentsy from the other person is gone? I think she was a troll. I'm glad Pea's room doesn't stink like pee or poo, just her wipies! I put her lavendar reed difuser back in there and it helps a wee bit and now that it's cooling off I can air out her room too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search