Holiday Shopping

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Has anybody started their holiday shopping yet? I know it's still early but i'm so excited and i am looking forward to the holiday season this year!!!! I always loved the holidays but i'm even more excited now!!!

I was never one to start my shopping early but i'm just so excited that I started adding things to my wish list on amazon. How about you ladies? What's on your list this year?

August 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Julka
I don't usually start shopping until November But we put $ away for Christmas from January. I haven't started thinking about it yet. I think once Natasha's birthday passes (September) and then Halloween... I can focus on Christmas! And Sebastian's birthday too. DH & I don't really go out crazy for each other at Christmas, we get like 1-2 things tops because we buy so much throughout the year. But we get the kids a nice amount of presents, of course.
August 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL!! I remember this time last year I think we were all listening to Christmas songs We haven't started shopping yet. We are keeping things on a budget this year. Hopefully our Christmas present to ourselves will also be our anniversary gift: A night to ourselves in a hotel! A honeymoon that we never had if you will But mostly, I'm hoping to do a big set of DIY gifts that people can enjoy! I am thinking about Leila's first birthday party though! I was hoping to do a finding nemo theme, but I'm not sure how I will do that now being in Iceland. I may go with something a bit simpler... and less expensive as a result
August 11th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't usually start shopping until November. We don't tend to buy each other stuff but probably will this year b/c our dd understands more and would notice.
I don't want to think about Christmas this year, means I'll be heading back to work
BUT should also be a LOT of fun with a 3.5 yo and a 1 yo and I'm excited about that!

August 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't , but I have started thinking about it...does that count?!?!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

August 13th, 2012, 04:57 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Yesss! We bought gary some dvds that he will probably start to pay attention to after his bday and christmas. We also bought a few books that you like press the buttons and whatnot on certain parts lol But that's all so far.
Also since our money issues havent gotten much better we started buying for his 1st bday party, like, the plates so far, maybe next week I get some decorations. that way its not one lump sum in December and since we have a lot of people to invite foods gonna be expensive enough! Okay end of my ramble!

August 13th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I love my family!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMomma View Post
I haven't , but I have started thinking about it...does that count?!?!
Same here, Gwen!
August 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought a gift for Stella the other day, because it was cheap and cool. Other than that I have not put much thought into the holidays!

August 17th, 2012, 06:48 AM
mayflower09's Avatar Expecting my first!
We plan to start shopping for Jason early (like as soon as I get my first paycheck in September!) - picking up cute things we see here and there. But for the rest of the family we usually wait until the last minute! lol We are such procrastinators!

August 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I have started planning gifts for family for Christmas, but I haven't really gotten anything yet. I NEED to get started.

August 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't started buying yet but am definitely thinking about birthdays and Christmas. My dd#2 turns 3 two weeks before Jon turns 1! I think I am going to get Jon a pillow pet since both my girls have one...even though he's still kinda little! I am also thinking about making each of my girls one of those no-sew fleece blankets.

I love the holiday season. Hubby and I are also thinking about throwing a Christmas party this year. Before we were married, dh always through a HUGE party. Between getting married in December (having anniversary) and the 2 little kids birthdays, December is a really busy month for us, but I think we are going to have an open-house type party. CAn't wait!
August 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Okay I don't normally think about the holidays yet. I mean last year we did all of our Christmas shopping on Christmas eve. We were going to do it on the 16-17 but I went into labor! We procrastinate. I have started thinking about Caylyn's 1st birthday though. I have already booked the cake lady.

August 20th, 2012, 03:50 AM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
Alissa - Dh and I are doing the same thing for us this year. We are hoping to spend our 1 year annivesary alone in a hotel haha. But we will see..

and as for shopping.. i have one thing bought for one of my kids.. but that was because I had to get a friend of mine in the USA to let me send it to her address and her mail it to me, because the store i bought it from wanted 26.50 to ship an item that was 15.00.. no way!!!!! but other than that, we have a little money set aside.. not much yet but hopefully we can add to it quicky before xmas

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

August 22nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still haven't bought anything but it's on my radar now. Making lists for the kids for Christmas (and bday for Nathan too). Need to get organized so we can buy a bit at a time. I'm also thinking of buying matching stockings for all of us too. Kayla's still using her 'first Christmas' stocking lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search