sorry ive been mia:(

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
nartist's Avatar baby2
i havent posted much mostly due to being so exhausted! my lo still isnt sleeping infact it seems worse then before! im so lost for what to do i wanna know what everyone else is doing, whats the schedule or routine like cause im trying to establish a more strict routine but its just going nowhere!! i really need to get him sleeping better before school starts again or ill be screwed. oh and did i mention im EXHAUSTED!!!

Thanks KILIKI for my siggy!
August 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you're struggling with this... we were barely sleeping for month 5-month 8, and it is so difficult to cope. Even now after Eleanor has been sleeping better for a couple weeks, I still feel like a zombie most days. Sleep deprivation can really drive you crazy!

Now that I have gotten Eleanor on more of an eating routine (she used to be an awful snacker all day long) and did a little sleep training, she is sleeping about 12 hours at night with one wake for a feed. During the day, she takes 2 naps... one 3.5 hours after waking in the morning, and one 3.5 hours after waking from her morning nap. Then she goes to bed about 3 hours after waking from her afternoon nap. On a good nap day, bedtime might be 7/7:30. On a bad nap day, bedtime might be as early as between 5 and 6. Either way, she will usually sleep until 6:30/7am. As far as eating, she nurses before we head out for work at 7:15, has solids at 8:30, nurses after her nap around 11, around 1:30, around 4, solids at 5, nurses before bed, and has a night feed around 3-4 am.

I think there are a few things that really helped us get her sleeping under control. First, we did a super early bedtime (5:30-6) on most days for about 2 weeks to try to get her caught up on sleep from all her night wakings. Then we shortened her bedtime routine to nursing with a book, PJs, and bed. Last, we did do some sleep training... basically she had to fall asleep in her crib, but I stayed in the room to soothe her any way I could. Once she was asleep, I would soothe her at night wakings but I set a cut off time for nursing (I wouldn't nurse before 7 hours of sleep).

I know it is so hard to get no sleep for so long. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me
August 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Ugh, I don't know how you manage. I have to have some sleep each night or I'm a major you know what.

I really was doing child led parenting for a bit and then I was like wow I don't even know what her schedule is, so I kept notes in a notebook for 3-4 days to figure out when her nap times were, how much she was eating etc.
So now I follow that to a T!

She wakes up anywhere from 7-8am,
has a 8oz bottle,
naps 10am til noon or so,
has a 7oz bottle,
naps 3/3:30pm-5
has a 7oz bottle
bedtime is at 8pm and she has another 7oz bottle at that time

Naps I can just lay her in the crib and she cries/whimpers for about 2-3 minutes and then she's out.
At night we do baths and jammies around 7pm and turn all the lights down in the house, tv goes on quieter at that time too.
8pm we go into her room with the lights off and I feed her while rocking her, when she finishes her bottle I rock her for about 5 more minutes and put her in her crib while she's still awake and I tell her ni-night and close the door.
She will cry/whimper for about 5 min or so and then she goes right to sleep and I don't from her until 7-8am in the morning.

Her room has darkened curtains and we do keep her room cool with the fan on but she wears footed fleece jammies to bed. It seems she sleeps best in those conditions.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
August 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was in your exact same boat not so long ago. Im sorry he's not sleeping for you! I knew your pain and how difficult it is to function at all when you're running on a mere few hours of sleep every night for the last several months. Some nights, even when she was 7 months, she was up and down and up and down and not letting me sleep much at all then insisting on starting the day at 4 am.

I did a combination of things with Lily to get her sleeping more. I struggled with a low milk supply and im sure that wasnt helping things. Early on, we did sleep training with her. As she got older, i filled her belly as much as she would take right before bed and that alone made a huge difference.

Our problem beyond the satisfaction issues was she was so over tired she couldn't sleep. I basically had a huge emotional breakdown one night and when I got control of myself, I googled just the keywords "my 6 month old won't sleep through the night and fights naps" and came up with DOZENS of results all saying the same thing: over tired babies can't sleep and don't. I read more into common symptoms of severely overtired babies and Lily fit that to a T! She fought her naps constantly and would just scream. I had to even do some CIO with her just to get her to nap at all. I am against CIO more than just a letting the baby fuss a little. I was miserable from her crying all the time because I just felt so useless to her. It worked though. She eventually got some good long naps in and over the course of a few weeks, improved her over all sleeping schedule.

I have also noticed her fussy spells lasting seemingly for days coincide with her growth spurts as well. When she has days upon days upon days of being nothing but upset, growth spurt. She tends to get over tired during these as well from not sleeping real well. To avoid that, I do anything and everything to get her to sleep during the day and at night. Sometimes, she'd spend the entire night, or close to it, in her swing because that's the only place she would sleep longer than a few minutes during those nights of major growth spurts.

That and teething. That's been hard on her, too. I bought Hyland's Teething Tablets (dissolves under baby's tongue and works wonders). I give her a dose only as often as I can see she is clearly desperate for relief and a nap. I don't want to rely on those. Wheni give it to her, she goes right to sleep. It doesn't put her to sleep at all, it's just the relief of pain gone.

Our routine of sorts is this:
~she wakes up anytime between 7-9 am, diaper change, nurse (I encourage her to drain me so she stays fuller longer, even during the day)
~ play time/ tummy time until she gets hungry again, usually around 3 hours after waking up in the morning
~when she lets me know she wants food, nurse and she drains me again followed by a meal of a third foods jar. (I offer her anything in that line during day time- fruits, meats mixed with veggies, veggies)
~ goes in her swing for a nap and sleeps anywhere between 1-3 hours, so by now it's early to mid afternoon
~ nurse when she wakes up
~ play time again for another 2-3 hours until she wants to nurse making it around 5-6pm then nurses and goes down for a nap and usually that's her shortest one of the day, not much over an hour
~ around 7-8 pm start calming her and do relaxing things only with her to prepare for bedtime
~ 8-9 last meal of the day. Nurses as much as she can get out of me followed by another meal of third foods but only either veggies or meat mixed with veggies, no fruit. The sugar in fruit makes her hyper then it's hard to get her to sleep at all before midnight
~ goes to sleep in her swing right after she eats and is usually out around an hour after she eats so most nights she's usually out after 9pm and allows me to carry her to her crib then it's bedtime for me lol.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 12th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
We don't do much of a schedule here but I'm not getting much sleep either.... She is really clingy and loving being attached to me as a human pacifier. Very frustrating but at this point I am willing to work through it with her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search