Friday Five - Growing Up...lol not friday yet...duh

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leah1216

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 05:32 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
posted this then it was pointed it that it isn't friday. lol So this is for tomorrow. yeah, I'm just being proactive and getting it ready a day early.

from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

Growing Up!
  1. How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all?
  2. How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? How many countries?
  3. Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born?
  4. Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else?
  5. Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school?
  4. Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else? born in Japan...would love to visit some day, but will likely never live there. I do live in the same state I have lived in since 1991 though.
  5. Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school? No one from elementary. There are 3 girls I would like to find, but can't. There are a few I still keep in touch with via FB from middle school. I was homeschooled from 8th grade until grad. I married a fellow homeschooler and and still friends with others as well.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Last edited by *Sharon*; August 16th, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
August 16th, 2012, 10:12 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all? 5
How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? 1 How many countries? 1
Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? Not inside, now it's a different name.
Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else? same apparently.
Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school? No
__
August 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Growing Up!
  1. How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all? 4
  2. How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? none, I lived overseas until I was 22. How many countries? one
  3. Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? yes
  4. Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else? not sure. We'll see where the wind blows us
  5. Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school? yes. I've known some of my friends sine I was 4!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 16th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all? 4

How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? 1 How many countries? 1

Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? Yes, my 3 younger siblings were born there. AND my 2 girls.

Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else? Yup, just the other side of town now.

Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school? Yes, I just visited a friend of elementary school Sunday in the hospital with her new baby boy.
August 17th, 2012, 04:16 AM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all? 3 - elementary, middle, and high school all in the same small school district (my graduating class was something like 60-70 students).

How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? How many countries? 1 - Ohio.

Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? No.

Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else? I would love to move back to Ohio. I'd even love to move back to my small hometown, but it's really hard to find a job around there.

Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school? Yes, but mainly on facebook. I do have some friends not from my school, but who I was friends with when I was 17/18 that I'm still very close to and just visited in Ohio.
Unexplained Infertility - TTC #1 since 5/08.
6/10 - IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg. BFP! 6/27/10...It's TWINS!
Esme Mireille, 3 lbs. 10 oz., and Nadine Adele, 4 lbs. 4 oz., born Jan 29th. 2011.
Hoping to TTC #3 in August 2014

August 17th, 2012, 05:05 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah1216 View Post

Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? Yes, my 3 younger siblings were born there. AND my 2 girls.
My dh and his 2 sibling were all born at the same hospital that our 4 kids and 3 out of 4 of our nephews and our only niece (so far) were born at. We live in the same town as my parents and the neighboring town of dh's parents.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 17th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sharon* View Post
My dh and his 2 sibling were all born at the same hospital that our 4 kids and 3 out of 4 of our nephews and our only niece (so far) were born at. We live in the same town as my parents and the neighboring town of dh's parents.
What's funny about us being born at the same hospital is that it is an hour away. We have a hospital in our town. Which my DH and his brother were born at. However, my mom and I have the same OBGYN and she is an hour away. I really like that we are all born at the same hospital. It's nice to at least start out with something in common : )
*Sharon* likes this.
August 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all?
7 and all in the same state. I started in public kindergarten, switched to private elementary from 1-5, back to public elementary in 6th grade, one middle school in 7th grade, switched in 8th due to redistricting, and then to high school in 10th. I also went to community college during my senior year as well as high school so I'll count that as a 7th school.

How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? How many countries? Just PA.

Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? Yes, it's 15 minutes away from my parent's house and my mom used to work there.

Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else?
Not sure. We'll probably be here for awhile, but may retire out in CO. DH is from there, and I know he would love to live there again someday.

Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school?
Some from each....most went to my high school as well. All the same district. I still live in the same metro area, but 40 miles away from where I grew up.
August 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all? 6 - Half of K, other half K-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9, and 10-12
How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? ]How many countries? 3 states, 2 countries
Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? No
Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else? Probably somewhere else but you just never know! lol
Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school? Some from high school but none from elementary/middle.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by eiramillek; August 17th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
August 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many schools (up until college) have you attended, in all? .... over 10. In raleigh you moved schools alot as you went up through the grades and we moved alot as well.

How many states/provinces have you lived in before the age of 18? 3 states TX, NC, KS

Have you ever seen the hospital where you were born? No

Do you plan to live in the same state/province in which you were born, or somewhere else? I wouldn't mind living in TX, but i doubt it will happen.

Do you still talk to people from elementary school, middle-school or high school? All of the above thanks to facebook
August 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. From k-12 4 schools

2. 4; British Columbia, Quebec, nova scotia, and California

3. Yes. I've seen the outside of it. It's no longer a hospital.

4. I was born in British Columbia but have lived in California for most my life. I don't forsee moving anytime soon.

5. Yes, talk to people from all years of school as a previous poster mentioned, thanks to facebook.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search