Thrifty Thursday

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 07:47 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
It is consignment season here , Are you going to be buying or selling at any consignment sales this fall?

August 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
We don't do those but Pea and I yard sale and go to the farmers market every saturday while daddy sleeps in. Oh and the post yard sale should be coming up sept 15th! I am putting in leave for that day because it's always without fail that I get tasked to do something or I have to work on a saturday and I almost NEVER get to go.

August 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
We love consignment sales and shops! We're ready to begin our winter wardrobe - we've got some, but we need to round out some as well. There is a big sale coming up towards the end of September here and another in October.
August 16th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Loves Kate!
I sold some of our stuff at one about a month ago. Sold the swing, rock and play sleeper, a play mat and a bunch of her clothes and made 140 dollars! That money is going towards a new convertable carseat. There is another really big one coming up that I may go to and shop. There are several consignment stores around that I go to also. I hardly ever buy her new clothes, I am too cheap!

Born 11/19/11
August 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
got a really good sale coming up. good thing, because Willow is in 12 month now and all her winter clothes are already too small!!!
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
August 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love shopping consignment sales! I will only hit the half price day though, I am that cheap! I keep saying that I am going to put my stuff in one of those sales one day, but I never get around to it! Maybe next year!

August 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Julka
I don't go garage/yard sale shopping, but I do visit Once Upon A Child or thrift shop once in a while. Ya never know whatcha gonna find! I mostly browse around and occasionally buy something.

We take all of Sebastian's clothes he outgrew to MIL's house, I think she saves them for whoever has a boy next within close family and friends.
August 17th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I consign year round. I lOVE it!
August 17th, 2012, 10:04 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love yard sales or really consignment sales! I just sold a bunch of Mason's clothes at a mom to mom sale at a local church. I think I ended up spending more than I sold though!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

August 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I love going to consignment stores and garage sales. A lot of Caylyn's clothes are from these places.

I just scored all this for $15.00

August 18th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Way to go Jacklyn! I have a $40 credit at the store I consign with. I dropped off another load of stuff today so I got an additional 15% off if I bought anything. I bought a large sleep sack, a uniform skirt and shirt for my 11 year old and it came to $10...but I didn't have to shell out a dime..just used my credit! Love it!
August 20th, 2012, 03:47 AM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
Ive never done consignment or garage sales... i have done once upon a child twice though lol.. i bought clothes that had the old price tag of like 30 dollars on it for 5 dollars but i dont do the other stuff. My kids have too much clothes and then when Im done with it I donate it to goodwill because I know somwhere other ppl have way less than I do.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

August 20th, 2012, 04:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Oh we are big yard salers here haha. . . September 8th is a town wide sale and we are setting up a table to sell all our old crap and hoping to see some baby stuff to buy!
Julka likes this.

A big thank you to Jaidynsmum for another gorgeous siggy!!
August 20th, 2012, 07:14 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
My favorite sale often has clothes brand new with tags, so I LOVE shopping it. I was going to sale this year, but then found out our family had plans that weekend

August 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
I love to yard sale! I haven't put anything on consignment in awhile. The local children's consignment just moved closer to us, so I might make my way over there. I belong to a couple clothing swaps, so we haven't really bought anything new in awhile.

This is an old article, but you can at least see how it works.
Two women unite local mothers with children's clothing exchange | victorville, clothing, women - Local News - Victorville Daily Press
August 21st, 2012, 09:49 PM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never really bought anything at a yard sale but we have an awesome children's consigment clothing store here. More than half of their items still have the original price tag on them. Loveee it I actually just joined a site where I got a voucher for $20 worth of infant clothes from this store for $10 so we will be grabbing Gav some winter stuff from there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search