Pillows and blankets in the crib?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
For those of you who have your LO sleep in a crib, when do you plan to introduce pillows and blankets?

DD has blankets that she sleeps with, but they are for comfort not warmth. I'm not sure she would stay warm if I took away her sleepsack...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's had blankets since she was born. Pillows....many of my older dc, while they have them just don't use them. My 2yo will sometimes use her pillow pet as a pillow, but she doesn't have an actual pillow yet. So no my "baby" doesn't have one yet.
August 16th, 2012, 01:23 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always used blankets as well. But I tend to cosleep almost exclusively when they are really little. By the time the are in a crib they are quite mobile, so I don't really worry about them suffocating from a blanket. He has a pillow too and has for quite a bit. Some reason as above. Once they are mobile I don't really think it is hazardous IMO. And his pillow isn't like a really fluffy pillow or anything either.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I put a blanket in her crib @1 year. She ends up in my bed a lot too. I didn't introduce a pillow with my oldest until she was 2 years old. She still loves her pillow pet.
August 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's always had a blanket. I have not given her a pillow yet though.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
August 17th, 2012, 04:08 AM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My girls have had blankets in the crib since they were 7 or 8 months...we started with afghans (with breathable holes) that we only used at naps, then by 1 year we had started letting them sleep with small fleece blankets. A few months ago I made them very flat pillows they sleep with.
Unexplained Infertility - TTC #1 since 5/08.
6/10 - IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg. BFP! 6/27/10...It's TWINS!
Esme Mireille, 3 lbs. 10 oz., and Nadine Adele, 4 lbs. 4 oz., born Jan 29th. 2011.
5/14 - TTC #3.

My Ovulation Chart

August 19th, 2012, 06:29 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wyatt co slept past the crawling stage. He's just always used a flat pillow or my arm and always used blankets.
August 19th, 2012, 02:26 PM
We've used a blanket since birth. She's not a fan though so currently she doesnt have one. If she's not in deep sleep she'll kick it off. It's actually sort of cute to see her kick it/wiggle away from it while she's asleep.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search