Need ideas for hungry baby!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Snookums
  • 1 Post By kazarmo
  • 1 Post By Julka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our babies are getting so big! I love it! Gavin is just starting to eat 3 meals of baby food a day ( he just turned 8 months) and the kid loves food that's for sure lol. I have been buying him snacks too ( puffs, baby mum mums, teething biscuits, etc) but he just goes right through them. What kind of snacks are your babies getting? We have tried banana, avacado, and a few other things that the rest of the family eats, but I am terrified of choking so I haven't given him too much else.
August 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Julka
Sebastian is very similar to Gavin, also 3 meals a day and snacks (puffs, mum-mums, etc.) and 3 big bottles. I have been giving him little pieces of soft fresh fruit. He doesn't eat it himself, I just place the pieces in his mouth. We did banana, peaches, watermelon, raspberries, blueberries.

I am not rushing with finger foods yet, I like to take it slowly and we are still mostly doing baby food, but he has tried pretty much everything as far as baby food goes. I also feed him tiny soft pieces off the dinner table, like chicken and rice. Oh and he loves pieces of bread with butter!
August 20th, 2012, 01:27 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
He eats a lot of what we eat now. (just smushed up. HAHA) We've done everything you mentioned as well as some steamed & canned veggies. He loooooves feeding himself carrots & green beans (which the canned versions are sooo soft there is no way they are going to choke!). Walmart sells them in little to-go cups (like how they sell mandarin oranges & peaches & such..) so I'm often bringing carrot cups & yogurt melts with us. (the favs) We've also done toast sticks, watermelon, RASINS! (but that was totally an accident! He got a HANDFUL of big brothers. ..but he ate them fine) LOL I don't know. I'm sure there is more. I can't think right now. HAHA.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

August 20th, 2012, 02:58 PM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Hunter stays hungry all the time too. He gets puffs,yogart melts, lil crunchies, and I have recently started giving little bites of what we are eating because he always wants what we eat even if he just ate his food!
August 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you! Nathan went from not too interested in food to really interested and eating 3 meals within a 2 week time frame. I give him some soft fruit (watermelon, raspberries, banana), also toast fingers, some small pieces from our dinner (if ok) - usually cooked veggies, scrambled egg yolk, small pieces of pancake. Puffs, yogurt melts, mum mums, yogurt. Darn growing kids! lol
mBABYe likes this.

Last edited by Snookums; August 20th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
August 21st, 2012, 07:26 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lina has been eating 3 meals a day of baby food, usually cereal and a jar of fruit in the morning. Before breakfast while I make my coffee she eats cheerios. She loves cheerios and gets so excited when she sees the box.

For lunch a vegetable sometimes 2 jars depending on how hungry she seems.

She will eat mum mums, puffs, any other kind of cereal that is tiny and will turn mushy, like honey puffs, fruit loops

For dinner the kid is something else. She will usually eat 2 jars of baby food plus a huge amount of whatever I happen to be eating.
Last night we went out to dinner at olive garden and Lina wanted nothing to do with her sweet potatoes and was all about my soup.
She loved my soup and my fettuccini alfredo.
So in order to keep her happy I gave her tiny pieces of chicken and noodles.

Usually throughout the day I will give her bites of whatever I happen to be eating, goulash. Watermelon, strawberries, soup, pieces of my sandwich.
I’ll even admit that I’ve taken bites of stuff chewed it up and then fed it her to her with my fingers because I wanted her to taste what I was having. Not something I do often but I’ve done it a few times the past week or so. I feel really weird doing it but honestly it’s very easy to chew the food for the baby and then let them have it. I still even think it’s kind of gross. But I look at it this way, this baby is still feeding off of my body due to breastfeeding so what can be so wrong with giving her what’s in my mouth. I know there’s tons of bacteria etc. but anywhooooo

what are these yogurt things that everyone is feeding their babies?
Thismamaisonherway likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

August 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Yogurt melts

GRADUATES® YOGURT MELTS®

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

August 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Julka
Brooke, I do a little pre-chewing too LOL. I don't think its that gross, you are their mommy. I have given him tiny pizza pieces at a restaurant, he loves pizza! And couple days ago at another restaurant, he ate tiny pieces of chicken and bread. But I have to feed it to him.
Thismamaisonherway likes this.
August 21st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What mom doesn't do a little pre-chewing lol. I usually use my teeth/mouth to cut something small enough for him to eat. I don't even think about it lol.

Kell, I am going to have to look into those veggie cups. Gav is just starting to use his fingers to feed himself but I usually have to feed him everything. But I definitely want him to start getting more used to it.

I completely forgot about Yogurt Melts, Emilio loved those. I will have to make a Walmart trip tomorrow, my local grocery store has a very small section of jarred baby food/ snacks so I don't think he has tried all of the fruit and veggie jarred varieties yet!

Any babies without teeth chewing more dinner food?That's what I worry about his lack of teeth. I don't know where they are! lol.

Thanks for the tips

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search