Pea needs to go in a plastic bubble.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 10:45 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I swear Pea needs one! We had 3 parenting fails this weekend.
Fail #1. Patrick normally makes a bottle for Pea at night so all I have to do is warm it up. Well I saw a jug of water that we use with our brita filter so I started to pour her a bottle myself. Mind you this is like at 3am. I'm dead tired and half awake. So i pour it and it smells like sewer water! I look at the lid to the jug and it has this white gunk, like it fell in rotton alfredo sauce or something. So all the water was contaminated with that. Then I reach for the bottle in the fridge and that one smells like sewer water as well! Luckily we had another jug of water that was perfectly good. I'm so glad my pregnant nose alarm went off. I don't know HOW he didn't smell it. I left the lid off the container and the jug out so I could show him what happened and in the morning the whole house stunk like sewer.

Fail #2: Here Pea have some banana NUT bread.

Fail #3: Patrick dips his finger in his 2% milk to grab the big nut out of her mouth. I caught that too and he cleaned his finger off.

Head desk. Poor Pea!

August 20th, 2012, 01:19 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
LOL. Don't beat yourself up. Stuff happens. but.. EWWWW Why do you have sewer water in a bottle?

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

August 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Because SOMEONE *cough* Patrick *cough* puts nasty lids back on the bottle and doesn't pay attention!

August 20th, 2012, 01:47 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww, Im sure the milk on the finger wouldnt have hurt her. The nut probably not either but the whole reason for no nuts at this age is so they don't develop a nut allergy. Better safe then sorry and they sewer water yuck!! Glad your nose is in overdrive right now LOL.

Glad nothing to horrible happened.

August 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM
The nut was kinda big and square shaped, she prolly woulda choked instead of having a reaction!

August 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
GROSSSS. I'm a big fan of tap water. We have great water through the Florida aquifer I'd settle for a little fluoride over mold any day. HAHA

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

August 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM
See I can't do tap water. The taste is just gross no matter where I'm at! So we do the brita thing. I STILL can't believe he didn't notice or smell it. Not only was it putrid smelling but it was a cloudy white color! I shoulda poured some in his glass and said whoops! *didn't notice* /food poisoning.

August 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
White water! BLEHHHH! Ohh no no.

August 21st, 2012, 06:38 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Aww! Its okay at least he got the nut out instead of her choking!! You're doing just awesome, dont worry about it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search