TGIF - Weekend Plans?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By amrose
  • 1 Post By herdestiny
  • 1 Post By Lorena26
  • 1 Post By herdestiny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Julka
What's going on this weekend, anything exciting?
August 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I was just going to start this thread! Good thinking!

Tomorrow I am giving some haircuts for extra $$ (ive had my cosmetology license for ten years lol and i work at a sewer plant lol) then we are going to "Community Day" which is like a free fair thing for the community! Then Sunday hanging out with my sister and niece like we do every weekend lol she moves away again in two weeks

August 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Tomorrow I am going shopping BY MYSELF!! Dh is keeping the baby all day and I really hope he can handle it! He has not kept him by himself for more than an hour ever, so I will be a nrevous wreck but I need a day to myself.
I will do laundry and housework the rest of the weekend.
Meg1227 likes this.
August 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ enjoy your 'me' time!

Tomorrow we have a baby shower (me and the kids, DH is working)
Sunday DH has a ball game then I think we are going to ribfest - yum!!

August 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
jojow
Tomorrow not much, really. I hope to hit up a couple farmer's markets in the morning. Then the rest of the day, not sure. Sunday DH has his fantasy football draft that he's been looking forward to for a while. While he's gone I'll have our two girls and Levi for the afternoon so I might do something fun with them.
August 24th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Neighborhood garage sale tomorrow. Sunday is church.

August 24th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing special. I have a hair appt on sat morning and than maybe Lydia and I will meet up with my Mom for some girl time. Sunday DH has his fantasy football draft as well. Normally I would attend pre Lydia because a lot of our friends participate. This year, Lydia and I may go grab some lunch and visit with everybody before the draft gets started and than head out
August 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Loving my little boy. <3
This weekend is a huge weekend for me.

My grandfather recently passed away in April and he was the most amazing man I have ever met. I couldn't even put into words what he meant to me or how he effected so many lives. He did not want us to have a funeral or wake for him and opted to just be cremated so that he could be spread on his favorite lookout point on a trail in Vermont that he hiked. His last wish was for us to take whatever money he had in his bank account and throw a huge party to celebrate his life. He never wanted anyone to be upset that he passed away but to be happy for the life he led. He pretty much said, "Buy a keg, have Billy Tse's cater, and have people listen to my music." We decided to have it on his birthday, which is tomorrow, and I can not wait to finally be able to meet everyone that he's touched. It will be a tough day, but I know he'll be there drinking a beer and eating some brownies ( ) along with us.

Plus my mother is taking Michael overnight so SO and I get a little alone time. I'm really excited for this weekend, it's going to be helpful with the closure that I need.
emsketch likes this.

August 25th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by herdestiny View Post
This weekend is a huge weekend for me.

My grandfather recently passed away in April and he was the most amazing man I have ever met. I couldn't even put into words what he meant to me or how he effected so many lives. He did not want us to have a funeral or wake for him and opted to just be cremated so that he could be spread on his favorite lookout point on a trail in Vermont that he hiked. His last wish was for us to take whatever money he had in his bank account and throw a huge party to celebrate his life. He never wanted anyone to be upset that he passed away but to be happy for the life he led. He pretty much said, "Buy a keg, have Billy Tse's cater, and have people listen to my music." We decided to have it on his birthday, which is tomorrow, and I can not wait to finally be able to meet everyone that he's touched. It will be a tough day, but I know he'll be there drinking a beer and eating some brownies ( ) along with us.

Plus my mother is taking Michael overnight so SO and I get a little alone time. I'm really excited for this weekend, it's going to be helpful with the closure that I need.
Aw I just teared up, what a wonderful celebration of his life! enjoy spending time with your family and remembering the good times with your grandpa.

August 25th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by herdestiny View Post
His last wish was for us to take whatever money he had in his bank account and throw a huge party to celebrate his life....
Aww that's so sweet. I can imagine that's going to be a difficult day for you, and i'm so sorry for your loss but that is really such a sweet way to remember him.

As for us, we'll be preparing for whatever is going to come of this Tropical Storm/Hurricane .
herdestiny likes this.

August 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Loving my little boy. <3
Thanks ladies! It was a great day/night. I truly believe he was there with us and approved of the way we were celebrating!
emsketch likes this.

August 28th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I realize that the weekend is long gone, but I had a great one. Dd and I went camping without the boys. We had such a great time and it was the first time we have had a good amount of one on one time since Dunc was born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search