Sippy cups

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Olivia&DelilahsMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
When will you make the full transition to sippy cups and no more bottles?

We are going to wait until Olivia is switched over 100% to cows milk and then switch to sippy cups. She likes the nuby cups with the soft spouts and can drink water from them just fine.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
August 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will wait until Lily is no longer nursing. The sippy cups she has need to be bitten to get the water flowing. Then she began biting me while nursing. Once I stopped giving her the sippy cup, she stopped biting me. I will reintroduce it when I begin weaning her.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
I still nurse her so if she's getting water, that's in a sippy cup. I didn't enjoy the transition with my last baby so I decided to skip bottles altogether this time.

August 24th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I have yet to find something she will drink out of and it's frustrating me because I am planning on semi weaning her and pumping about half her feedings.

August 26th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Veteran
Abbie sucks water out of the cups then spits it out. We've been trying since 6ish months and she only recently began regularly sucking the water out of the cup.
August 27th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
My child is nuts about water, she will drink water out of my cup and yell at me for more over and over and over again.
She drank water out of my oldest's sports bottle the other day.
I really try to limit her water because I'm not sure at what age the water intoxication stops.
She is a pig though she will still drink her normal amount of formula and eat food too.
Jessica121706 likes this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
August 27th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Veteran
Lily loves water and has been drinking from a sippy cup for awhile now. I'm breastfeeding so she's never had a bottle. She does fairly well out of a regular cup too, she just can't hold or tilt it herself.
August 27th, 2012, 07:22 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor drinks water out of a sippy cup or a regular cup that we hold for her. She only gets one bottle each day at bedtime, and I am thinking about switching that to a sippy cup soon, since I don't think she is really attached to the bottle.
August 30th, 2012, 09:22 AM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jordan does half bottle, half sippy cup for water of juice. It just depends which is clean, lol.

August 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM
binz1031's Avatar Lindsay
No sippy cups here... but she can drink out of a straw and I've started to introduce just a regular cup... but she doesn't drink much and half still falls out of her mouth... She doesn't take bottles, so I'm not sure how or when we'll transition to regular milk...

September 2nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
We're nursing, but when Tristan gets water, he gets it in his Nuby sippy cup.

September 3rd, 2012, 07:03 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are introducing the sippy and I try to remember to give it to her every meal but I forget she can drink out of it if i hold it but she still doesn't understand how to hold it and drink from it herself

September 3rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Deanna has never used a bottle, but has been drinking out of a sippy since about 4 months. She also has mastered the straw anddrinking straight from a cup

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search