Choosing a formula

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheOnlyPink

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
So I never thought I would be asking this question but here goes. Myah is eating every 2 hours all night long for the past 2 weeks and I am burnt out nursing her that much. I know that it can be a myth that formula helps them sleep through the night but at this point I am desperate for some sleep or a least from constantly having a kid attached.

How do you choose the right formula and do I get infant or toddler? I am so confused by that isle having never needed this stuff before.

August 27th, 2012, 06:04 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I think 0-12 month would be fine, not toddler. Pea did fine on organic similac and the blue one, now she is on infant enfamil and she is iffy on it. Could it possibly be a phase your LO is going through? Have you tried giving her solids before she goes to sleep and then bfing? That helps with Pea. Pea doesn't sleep any longer when we supplement at night.

August 27th, 2012, 09:50 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Miranda did good answering. I haven't really supplimented before with Brea. Shes had one bottle of formula and that was just to see if she would take it from daddy incase she ate all the milk I can pump. We have fed her and fed her before bed and then she nurses and she still seems to get up every hour to two hours every night. She sleeps with us so I just whip one out and she nurses until we both fall asleep again. Good luck. Oh if you're that unsure call her doc she/he should be able to point her in the right direction

August 27th, 2012, 10:17 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
if you think its hunger, would you be interested in giving a little snack about an hour before bed? when harry is having growth spurts i give him some oatmeal an hour before bed and it really helps. Just mentioning as an alternative to formula!
VikingMamma likes this.

August 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Julka
You haven't mention her feeding schedule during the day. i.e. does she eat solids? How much and how often? I have heard that when they eat enough during the day, there shouldn't be a reason to wake up at night at this age.

We have always used Enfamil 0-12 months. I don't do toddler formula, we just gradually switch to whole milk at 11 months so by the time they are one, they are fully on whole milk.

Last edited by Julka; August 27th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
August 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I think that it is a mix of all of the above.

During the day she is getting cereal of some sort at breakfast with us. Cheerios or baby cereal. During the day she gets crackers for snacks. She has been very slow to show interest in solids so we are trying to add more during the day. For example I will try to feed her a stage 2 jar of food and she will maybe eat half of the jar on a good day.

Nursing is at 8/9am before her nap at 11am, when she gets up so 1-2ish. 5pm, 8pm, midnight, 2-3am, 6am (times guestimated)
Oh and if she eats right at 2am she throws in another feeding at 4am and still eats again at 6am.

I think at this point part of me wants formula in hopes that it would work to help her sleep and also because I am seriously done with the biting and the constant need to use me as a human pacifier.

Many nights we end up co sleeping and she wants to fall asleep with my boob in her mouth instead of a paci. I love that she wants to cuddle with me more than my first but at the same time I am burning out on nursing. I really want to make it to a year but I am also feeling the "we are done with kids I don't have to do this again EVER" feelings too.

August 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM
jojow
I supplement with homemade goat's milk formula and Levi eats plenty of solids during the day. He still gets up many times a night and has since before I started supplementing. In other words, formula didn't help and that is just the way he is (teething doesn't help either). It may just be a phase she will grow out of. *Hugs* I know what it is like, so you have my sympathy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search