Formula help

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
We were using similac but the daycare provides enfamil infant for free so we switched to that. Pea takes our powdered formula at home just fine but when the daycare uses their premade liquid kind she refuses it. They don't ever call and tell me she won't drink it, they usually tell me when I pick her up. She will only drink it if she's starving but they say they just give her solids when she refuses formula. That doesn't sit right with me, she can't just have more solids than formula. Ya dig? Patrick says this will pass and it's fine to let her go on until she's hungry enough to drink it but I don't like that either. BTDT mamas... what would you do? Send her with our powdered formula/breastmilk combo? Or just try waiting it out? I think we started in the middle of last week not sure. Oh, and they don't allow us to mix breastmilk and formula together but you know me, I'm a rebel, and you can't tell no ways!

August 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Julka
I think the pre-made one tastes very different than the powdered kind, even of the exact same brand. I think I only bought pre-made once with my oldest DD and it was... different. I would just send her with some formula from home because it would keep my mind at ease to know my baby IS eating and not MAYBE eating.
mBABYe and ratladee like this.
August 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
That's my logic too. Guess I'll tell hubby this is just another one of those things you can't be cheap with.

August 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree! I'd send what you know she'll drink. And if you mix breastmilk in, how will they know?

August 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I'm with the other ladies. I would bring it from home!

..& how the heck would they know if you put BM in there? ..unless of course you're like "here's some bottles, powdered formula, & this mystery white liquid I want you to mix all together.." haha. If it's already mixed when you drop her off I think you're golden
ratladee likes this.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

August 30th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I feel like cartman "Whateva whateva I do what I want! It's my bodeh I'll do what I want!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search