Tubes

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Super Mommy
We met with the ENT today and Brady definitely needs tubes. They actually had a cancellation so we scheduled his surgery for Tuesday morning! I'm not quite mentally prepared for it, so I'm a bit thrown by the suddenness of it all (we just got the referral last Wednesday!) but I know it will be best for him. It sounds like a simple, quick procedure with very little chance of complications. They said he should be back to his old self by later that morning and he can go back to daycare the next day. He'll just have antibiotic ear drops and some putty to put in his ears at bath time. Anybody else have any experience with tubes? I know they're so common now, but I'm still a little apprehensive of course.
August 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 2nd born had tubes put in at 10 months and I'm SO thankful he had them. He was a totally different kids and never had EI until they fell out at 3 years old.

August 31st, 2012, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never had first hand experience with tubes but I've known several kids who've had them put in and they did wonderful with the procedure and the parents were pleased with the results. I hear the tubes leak occasionally but other then that I never heard any complaints about them.

Yikes - Tuesday does seem soon but you're doing the right choice and nice that they will actually be sooner so you don't have so long to think about it! I'm sure Brady will come through like a pro! Good luck
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 31st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
My daughter has had 2 sets of tubes placed. It is a super easy and quick procedure, and a quick recovery.. But i was worried durning both her surgerys, so its totally normal. Hope Bradys goes well!

August 31st, 2012, 10:39 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice to offer but I hope everything goes well. KUP.

September 5th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
Hey guys! Brady had the tubes put in yesterday morning and sure enough, everything went really well. It was a breeze compared to his hypospadias surgery. He didn't get sick afterwards this time and he was in a good mood yesterday. He even slept through the night, which we didn't think was going to happen because he couldn't nap yesterday unless he was propped up.

The doctor said that there was some thin mucus that he drained and so he thinks this should work well for us. We have a check-up in about 2.5 weeks just to make sure everything's going well.

I think my favorite part about it is that it takes the guessing work out of it. The doctor said if there's any drainage, that means he has an infection and we can keep the ear drops we have and call the office to get instructions. Whereas before Brady would always get an ear infection after a cold, but the timing was an issue because sometimes we'd take him in and they'd say, "No he's fine" but then 2 days later, he's not fine anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by answeredprayer View Post
My 2nd born had tubes put in at 10 months and I'm SO thankful he had them. He was a totally different kids and never had EI until they fell out at 3 years old.
Did he have the original set of tubes in for that long? They told us they should fall out on their own between 6-12 months but then I know a girl told me she had to have hers removed when she was a kid and that it was pretty painful.
September 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that things went really well and that Brady even sttn for you afterwards! Yay for taking the guessing work out - that will be really nice
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search