bathtime grossness

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mandy5586
  • 1 Post By tricia_16_

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm seriously over bathtub poops. Alex never pooped in the tub until a couple months ago. Now she's doing it every 3rd or 4th bath it seems like. I've changed up bath times and waited longer or shorter after dinner.
Last night when she farted i took her out of the tub, held her sitting on the toilet and told her to go poop and she didn't do anything until i finally gave up figuring it was just gas and put her back in the tub. She immediately started pooping. so i grabbed her and tried putting her back on the toilet but she was done at that point and just cried because i took her out of the tub.

Any suggestions? Should I maybe go ahead and get her a potty and try to put her on it before baths? Or am i doomed to deal with it for a while?

So tired of cleaning poop out of my tub. :yuk:

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

September 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't have any advice for you
I wonder if she poops in the tub because it feels better that way? It comes out easy, doesn't get on her skin, etc?
AJ never pooped in the tub and Katelyn only when she has diarrhea and 1 other time than that. Hope this phase passes quickly!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Sorry, I know it must be frustrating but for somebody who doesn't have to clean it up - that's funny

Kaylee has only done it once. Last night though she tooted a good one in the tub (and we bath together) and let me tell you: you have never seen a pregnant person get out a bathtub so quickly in your life lol It was just gas, but I was NOT taking a chance!!! lol

Hope you figure something out soon
September 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ewww... I'm sorry she is doing that. I don't know what to suggest other than bathing her really quickly before she gets a chance to poop in it. Neither of mine have been into pooping in the bath.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
September 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe consider taking a shower with her instead of giving her a bath? That might help.

Brynlee has only pooped once in the tub. I think it was more of a fart gone bad, LOL. I immediately scooped her up and I sat her on the floor nakie while I cleaned out the tub and she uhhhhh, sharted on the floor. It was gross.

She pooped in the shower once when she had diarrhea, but it was just one long squirt LOL. I had gotten out of the shower and was drying off while she sat in the shower playing with her bath letters then BOOM, poop face and some squirts.

Gross.
tricia_16_ likes this.

September 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She loves playing in the bath so i'd hate to cut bathtime short. She freaks out when water gets on her face (unless she's dunking her face in the water to blow bubbles lol) so i'm not sure how a shower would go. I might try it with her though. We have the detachable shower head maybe i'll try that during a bath and see if she freaks out.

September 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Happy Mommy
is she having troubles at all? i'm betting it's just easier for her to push it out if she keeps doing it.
September 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Maybe a swimming diaper?
lrowe70 likes this.
September 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
is she having troubles at all? i'm betting it's just easier for her to push it out if she keeps doing it.
They're no more solid than normal, but hers are usually pretty solid.
I'm thinking it's just easier in the tub. but man am i tired of cleaning it up.

I kinda like the swim diaper idea lol. i could let her play in the diaper. Then when it's time to wash, take it off.

90% of her bath is just playing.

September 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
K was so bad about pooping in the tub for awhile. And like you, it was every few baths. I hated giving him a bath because of it. I would limit his toys (less to clean) and limit the amount of water in the tub. I even limited his times. That was the one thing that seemed to help. I also would make sure he had already pooped that day before giving him the bath, if at all possible. I'm not sure what time you're giving her the bath, but we usually give them at bed time.

If that's not a normal time for her to poop, it might help you. K still will poop at night - luckily not in the tub any more.
September 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was also going to suggest that it's easier on her to do it in the tub. Poor mama! I have no real advice though, hopefully it stops soon!
September 4th, 2012, 05:06 PM
First Timer!!!
id just keep trying to ger the lo to go in the potty ... roran doesnt go in the bath ., only twice thank goodness *knock on wood *
September 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Avery poops in the tub fairly often too actually. Luckily her poops are somewhat solid so they are easy to fish out quickly with a big bowl.

Maybe this is gross, but it doesn't bother me. I just fish it out really quick (I have big tupperware bowls in the tub as toys) and depending on what it was like either let her continue or take her out.

I think it is probably because her abdominal muscles are more relaxed in the tub so it's easier for her to push out.

The swim diaper is a good idea, not sure what else to suggest except keeping a big bowl by the bath... lol!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan has never done that. In fact, I can't think of any of my kids who have.

Keelan is a once a day pooper usually, so it's something that I can wait out. I'm sorry I don't have any advice.
September 5th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
haha Ayla and Silas have started this, and ONLY if I bath them together, so I have no idea who was the culprit. I am guessing Ayla, but I have no idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search