Going from one kid to two!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama.Angie View Post
You ladies are not helping my desire to have 3! We want one more so badly, but yeah, doesn't sound all that fun! Boooo!
It's not that bad, once you're living it. Ok, some days it's just down right awful and other days are amazing. It's life. Would I give up any of my 3 darlings? Not for one moment....well, maybe if it was just one moment on certain days.

Living life outnumbered is just a new reality and when they're all young, it is chaos. With the terrible 3's, a 5year old going on 17, and a 1 year old, my house could never be big enough for me. Then there's times when they all snuggle up together and are wonderful.

KWIM?
September 5th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
See, I think that going from 1 to 2 kids was much harder than any other adjustment, even from 0 to 1.

Give yourself time. Don't think you have to do it all perfectly, just do the best you can!
tricia_16_ likes this.
September 5th, 2012, 09:38 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I technically went from 2-3 and don't have the experience of ever going from 0-1 or 1-2 seeing as how I am a twin mama. However, I will say that adding Miles into our lives had its ups and downs. Since my twins are so much older I was like a new mom in a lot of ways, especially since I did several things differently this time around. He is also a craptastic sleeper compared to my girls and I was SO not prepared to be sleep deprived for 12+ months and counting when, my first time around, I had two babies who both STTN very early. But that's not something I could've planned for or changed. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that somethings will be more difficult - the logistics of getting out of the house to go anywhere, dividing your attention when they both want it, etc - but other things will be easier. Since you just had #1 not too long ago all of that new mom knowledge and experience is still fresh in your brain so that helps a lot, I'd imagine. Again, that 8 year gap really sucked *** for me, LOL.
w292737 likes this.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search