FREAKING out!!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ~Rae~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. I cannot handle any more stress!!!

AJ started 4k today. His class goes 12-3something.
I found out what time he would be picked up on the little bus at 10 am TODAY, yes today!!!!! So I was not happy about that, I took him to school today. Normally, Bob will get him about 11:45, so his ride to school will only be about 15 min.
BUT, in the afternoon, he's going to ride the big bus with the big kids and NO OTHER ADULTS besides the bus driver.
The kid is 4, the bus ride is AN HOUR. I am NOT happy about this AT ALL let me tell you.
THEN, SIL's oldest texts me this afternoon (when I've already been worrying my head off), they got picked up from the middle/high school almost 30 min late!!!
So AJ had to ride the bus over an hour and a half! They got home at 4:45 this afternoon!
On top of it, he's riding the bus with SIL's kids (you all know the history there!) so I need to have a talk with the bus driver to make sure she keeps AJ and nephew C separate.

This whole situation is ridiculous. A 4 yr old should not be riding the bus without an aid on the bus (IMO). No seat belt, no car seat, very little supervision, the influence of several older, bratty, rude and crude kids.
-sigh-
I wonder if we can swing the gas $ for me to go pick him up everyday.

I think I'm more stressed out with him in school than when he was home. BLEH.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness... that just shouldn't be happening! Have you called the school? Something HAS to be done about that, it doesn't seem right. I'd be so upset too. I am. For you, and him.
September 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unfortunately that's pretty common around here too. Unless you live in the city then bus rides are only about 30-45 min. In the country they recently closed a bunch of schools and made one big one, so lots of kids ride the bus for an hour or longer. The older kids are supposed to look out for the little ones, but there are no adults other than the driver.

September 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
The older kids are supposed to look out for the little ones, but there are no adults other than the driver.

The kids around here are RIDICULOUS. No manners, ill behaved, RUDE, it's terrible. I was really, REALLY hoping to avoid my sons exposure to them another year, and possibly forever, since there's a good chance we'll move before he starts kindergarten.
At best, the only thing his riding the bus with the big kids will bring is some learned bad behavior.

September 4th, 2012, 04:38 PM
First Timer!!!
oh man this is so sad to me !! we are just making something simple really hard by cutting school budgets more and more every year it so sad

i hope the parents can maybe work to getting more buses or something another school in between? i mean why not create more jobs in the process!
September 4th, 2012, 05:38 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's terrible!! Make sure he sits right up front to the right of the driver to maximize the supervision. That seat should be reserved for him & any other young passengers. Let the older hooligans goof around in the back!
mom2more and marieks85 like this.

September 4th, 2012, 05:59 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would contact the school and say either
*4 year olds should not be riding a bus with kids that are in middle school and high school!!!
*IF there is no other option than Rae is right, the little ones should have assigned seats in the front of the bus so the driver can at least keep an eye on them.

If it were me and I knew I wasn't going to be exposing him to that the following year I would either drive him (if the gas would not kill me). Or I would just keep him home till kindergarten. There are plenty of things you can do at home to prepare him for kindergarten. Not everyone goes to Pre-K.

September 4th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
I would contact the school and say either
*4 year olds should not be riding a bus with kids that are in middle school and high school!!!
*IF there is no other option than Rae is right, the little ones should have assigned seats in the front of the bus so the driver can at least keep an eye on them.

If it were me and I knew I wasn't going to be exposing him to that the following year I would either drive him (if the gas would not kill me). Or I would just keep him home till kindergarten. There are plenty of things you can do at home to prepare him for kindergarten. Not everyone goes to Pre-K.
If I thought I could I would keep him home but he needs the speech and OT and he can only get it through school now. We cant afford private therapy

September 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats understandable. I would just go ahead and call the district and complain then. They should be able to AT LEAST seat the little ones up front. They don't need to be exposed to what the older kids are talking about or doing in the back of the bus.

September 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post

This.

And honestly, if this were going to be the case for k, gr 1, 2, etc, I would seriously consider homeschool.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 5th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
That's terrible!! Make sure he sits right up front to the right of the driver to maximize the supervision. That seat should be reserved for him & any other young passengers. Let the older hooligans goof around in the back!
This! Good luck!
September 5th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Happy Mommy
that's why I don't do busses.

can you just pick him up in the afternoons?
September 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM
If there get to be issues Im going to just pick him up. Evidently, yesterday he loved riding the big bus and there werent any issues.

September 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Glad to hear there were no issues. That sure seems like a long time for such a little boy to be on the bus though! Hopefully the novelty of it does not wear off.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search