shocked by DHs job outcome

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
First Timer!!!
well DH went and got home later cause he went to a buddies after the whole new job thing

he gave the job to said buddy..... he said he did it cause its good fer buddy he lives closer and is 3 mnths behind on his rent has a wife and kid and no job . his need is greater then ours

honestly im just shocked and dont know how to feel......... he is correct when the other guys need is more then ours. honestly he is. and this buddy is my friend as well .. i was just stunned cause i thought this was a dream come true.

well he said he thought id be happy he was being generous and like he thinks other wives would ... im kinda thinking other wives would be pissed that he was given a job and gave it up..... i mean i was thinking hed get our friend a job with him after he got his ...

so unexpected ... im just stunned and i duno how to feel

i love our buddy and he might get evicted ................ at the same time i dont like our situation atm very much i was thinking move out .... i mean we have a roof .......... we have food .. we are ok and our bud is running on fumes so im happy for him but im .... upset .. i feel really pulled //

i kinda feel like crying honestly this isnt how i thought this day would go

Last edited by PurpleQueen; September 4th, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
September 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!! I'm going to bite my tongue on this one, but just know that I agree with you. I'd be PISSED! Correction, beyond pissed.
Bless your heart. Hugs to you!!

September 4th, 2012, 05:38 PM
First Timer!!!
yeah i mean im trying not to be mad cause i really do know buddy is really in need of it
September 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can not believe he did that!!! I would be livid!! His friend and friends family is not his first responsibility....you and your child are!! Who is going to help you if in a few months you can not pay your bills? In this economy people need to take whatever opportunity comes their way. At the VERY LEAST he should have discussed this with you before making that decision.
~Rae~ and Dixana like this.

September 4th, 2012, 06:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Wow. I would be livid. Beyond livid.

September 4th, 2012, 06:34 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I would be fuming!

Leslie

September 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
I can not believe he did that!!! I would be livid!! His friend and friends family is not his first responsibility....you and your child are!! Who is going to help you if in a few months you can not pay your bills? In this economy people need to take whatever opportunity comes their way. At the VERY LEAST he should have discussed this with you before making that decision.
^this. This EXACTLY. I don't care if someone has been your friend since forever, FAMILY comes first PERIOD!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just reading your first thread again that said there were a couple jobs he could try for....so why can't he get a job and his buddy apply for a job too?

September 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Will the company even take him? I mean he didnt apply or interview? So how does your husband know they will even give him the job? I dont understand what thought process went into this? Your family should be his #1 priority end of story.
Augmommyx2 likes this.

September 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
First Timer!!!
well it turned out a guy hurt his back so he took the other job but they did say they would hire him next and they wanna expand .. so he made it sound like he has the next opening....

i duno i just decided to be happy for buddy cause its done
September 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
that sucks, I'm sorry! I would not be happy.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd be super mad as well. I know it's over now but he needs to know for future reference that unless you guys are in the position for him to not work and still be able to live comfortably he should not be making a decision that hurts the whole family. I have friends and family and would let them stay with me and help them out but not at the expense of my son and spouse.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
September 4th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wow. just wow.
September 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to bite my tongue as well because my opinion on this could get heated (not that my opinion matters, but still).

September 4th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I still dont understand how a job can be given to someone by someone who is not the boss of the company?

September 4th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'd be really upset too. Like was said before, his first priority should be you and your son, not his friend.

September 4th, 2012, 11:14 PM
First Timer!!!
i talked to him and honestly i understand but im still upset

he asked me why im upset since this family could be out of a home unless he did this. truth is we arent outta a home we are out a new job thats it ............... we can eat we can live and the other family would lose their home and more

TRUST ME IM UPSET

but how can i argue over giving someone more needy then my family a way to make themselves a life and grow from it

yes id love to have that fer DH but really what if my buddy lost his home and his wife had to move back with her family in another state cause thats the only other way ?

i duno im torn ............. im mad but i understand him wanting to throw our bud a lifeline.........

im upset but i have a home and its not going away ...... our bud was guna lose his home ..............AND his family they would have to move outta state

well ...... honestly i duno wat guna happen now but i can do nothing then go forward ... im upset ..... he doesnt get why.. i understand we arent the most in need ever i get it .............. but im still shocked

all i can do is try to find more jobns for us i frickin guess
September 5th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Will the company even take him? I mean he didnt apply or interview? So how does your husband know they will even give him the job? I dont understand what thought process went into this? Your family should be his #1 priority end of story.
This. I'd be pissed right off. Sure, your friend has his issues, but is it your family's responsibility? Also, really, how did he just go in there and say "Nah, forget me, hire my friend." Was the friend even there? How does that even work. I'm not sure I'd want a job that hired in that way anyhow, sounds shady. Good luck to you guys, and your friend!
September 5th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Happy Mommy
What happened to the best candidate gets the job? I'm with Lindsey I'm confused. I dont' get how your husband could give the job to his friend, it isn't his to give. ??

Last edited by w292737; September 5th, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
September 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I agree with the other ladies about not understanding how he gave a job away. Here you can decline a job offer but you can't transfer it to someone else.

My DH would be lucky if he got to sleep on the couch vs outside if he did something like this.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search