Did You Cheat While Pregnant?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 08:26 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Did you do any of the things you're not supposed to do? Eat foods you weren't supposed to, take medicine you weren't supposed to, had a drink of alcohol when you're not supposed to?

I am finding myself MUCH more lax this time around.

I'm doing an AWFUL job of taking my Prenatals, and I have used a nasal spray (that I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use...) many, many times to help me breathe and therefore sleep at night.

I also have eaten tons of sandwich meat (unheated) this time around when last time I wouldn't touch it.

I'm not the only one "bending the rules"... right?
September 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Tricia, I think we had a discussion about this last year. I sure cheated every.single. pregnancy. A little here and there - in moderation- is fine. The one thing I was ALWAYS careful about was medicine.
September 12th, 2012, 08:52 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Layla, no. I went overboard researching every. Single. Thing. That I possibly shouldn't be doing.
I cheated big time with Xavier. I was much more relaxed.

September 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I was never ever told not to eat lunch meat. the first I heard it was bad was on JM. I asked my doctor about it this time around and he said it was mostly myth and that there are only around 275 cases of Listeria a year. That's so low, it's ridiculous to even consider not eating lunch meat.

I'm pretty sure I've broken all the rules at some point.
September 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well lets see, I drank milk right out of the bulk tank (meaning not pasteurized, or cleaned or anything else), ate sushi once with Katelyn, ate hotdogs, drank coffee and soda, had a glass of wine here or there.
The list goes on.

Katelyn is happy, healthy, and smart (aside from her ear troubles and being lactose intolerant).
AJ OTOH has a major speech delay, sensory issues, and is a total handful. I can't help but think if I could only have found out sooner that I was pg with him and hadn't been binge drinking at the bar the first 9 weeks around (I was on the shot so I never got a period) he wouldn't have those issues

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
The *only* one of my 4 pregnancies that I didn't cheat on was my pregnancy with Erin (with the except of caffeine. It was the only thing that helped with my headaches). And I blame post-loss paranoia for that one.

September 12th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not so much, because it was really hard with the GD to do any serious cheating.

I all out stopped with the prenatals though... and I wasn't the best at drinking water.
September 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lets see, I ate lunch meat, as in Subway at least once a week, I took Advil, drank regular coke and I skated twice a week until 7 months. Yeah, I was bad. The only thing I didn't do was drink, but I don't generally drink anyways.

September 12th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
Lets see, I ate lunch meat, as in Subway at least once a week, I took Advil, drank regular coke and I skated twice a week until 7 months. Yeah, I was bad. The only thing I didn't do was drink, but I don't generally drink anyways.
Ibuprofin was the only thing I stayed away from.

September 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I feel better already!!! Keep it coming ladies haha
September 12th, 2012, 10:25 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
With all my pregnancies I drank soda especially because of having headaches without caffeine. I ate lunch meat, I was careful with medicine. At the end of Everett's pregnancy I drank 2, 1/2 glasses of red wine (not on the same days) to calm down my uterus. It worked.

September 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I ate lunch meat, hotdogs and sushi. I drank sodas, and i had tiny sips of wine a couple times.

I was really careful with medicines and tried not to take anything but my vitamins.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

September 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Happy Mommy
"cheat" no

did I follow what poeple hav edone for houndreds of years and ate what I ate? yep sure did.

I'm sure ther was far greater risk/harm in all the Dr pepper I was drinking the the lunch meat I ate
Dixana likes this.
September 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. I don't buy into the whole "don't eat/drink this" thing. If you look at the research the numbers are very low and you have a greater chance of being in a car accedent and on several things being hit by lightning than causing any harm from food.

I ate sushi, fish, seafood, deli meat, unpasturized cheese/milk, and I drank wine, beer and lots of Dr pepper.
w292737 likes this.

September 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ok Tricia if you want taboos, here's what I did

-slept on my stomach/right side/back - whatever felt comfortable
-took advil or tylenol, if I needed too (headahces)
-drank pop/caffeinated tea
-ate blue cheese and unpasteurized cheese
-ate hot dogs
-ate lunch meat
-drank an occasional beer, wine, and cider
-ate raw cookie dough/cake batter
-ate sushi
-ate fish(mostly tuna & salmon)
-forgot to take my prenatals and folic acid

I also was driving a car 5 days after my c/section, so you can tell I really like to follow the rules.
w292737 and tricia_16_ like this.
September 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
First Timer!!!
i drank soda ... i love soda

ate lunchmeat but was never told not to

i had tuna like 2-3 times

thats bout it .. never drank or anything though dh kept trying to get me to have some wine lol
September 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
Did you do any of the things you're not supposed to do? Eat foods you weren't supposed to, take medicine you weren't supposed to, had a drink of alcohol when you're not supposed to?

I am finding myself MUCH more lax this time around.

I'm doing an AWFUL job of taking my Prenatals, and I have used a nasal spray (that I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use...) many, many times to help me breathe and therefore sleep at night.

I also have eaten tons of sandwich meat (unheated) this time around when last time I wouldn't touch it.

I'm not the only one "bending the rules"... right?

You are not alone! I am such a different person this pregnancy that my Mom was like I'm taking a lot of chances lol. Last time I didn't breathe the wrong way, now I am not consistent with my prenatals(gonna do better) I'm drinking sweet tea and even have had Frappe from MC Donalds. I do heat my cold cuts b4 I make a sandwich though but I wouldn't tpuch a sandwich b4. NOW I have to admit that I have eaten feta cheese in greek salads NOW to my defense I read where it was ok to eat Feta cheese where as last time I stayed far away from them. I don't want to say I'm being careless, I'm just not as freaked out this time around, I promise to get more freaked out but I' enjoying being relaxed this time around as last time I was a bit neurotic! Oh yeah, i've had Sushi, soda, hotdogs and fish this pregnancy where I would of never done it last time,

Last edited by Ahari; September 12th, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: add sushi
September 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never followed the rules with any of my pregnancies except for the extreme things. In regards to food I ate what I wanted. If i didn't eat something it was b/c my stomach couldn't handle it. With joshua i had GD so i had to be a bit good but to be honest around the end I got tired of it and did what i wanted.
September 12th, 2012, 06:38 PM
kiszi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lunch meat
hot dogs
too much coffee/soda
raw cookie dough
I had heard chunk light tuna & wild caught salmon were ok, so those too.
The only things I truly avoided besides certain meds were alcohol, the litter box, and meat that wasn't well done.

September 12th, 2012, 08:13 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I didn't follow any rules, except alcohol, avoiding litter boxes as much as possible, wearing gloves to clean the ones at work. Everything else I was fine eating or doing.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search