Since the topic is up

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Regarding dtd, we average..
0 times per month 0 0%
1-2 times per month 8 33.33%
3-4 times per month 3 12.50%
5-6 times per month 5 20.83%
7-8 times per month 0 0%
9-10 times per month 3 12.50%
11+ 5 20.83%
Yes our frequency has changed since having kids 14 58.33%
Our frequency is about the same as before kids 4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 06:12 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since we've been talking a lot about dtd, lets talk about frequency. How often do you and DH/SO dtd? I know it can be different depending on the month, so take the last 3 months and average it and report that number. Has it changed since you've had children?

September 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
At least 4 times a week. If anything we dtd more than before kids.

September 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I would say probably 10 times a month.

It has definitely slowed down since Carter. My hormones have evened out a bit I think.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
September 12th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
0 times since the first week of April, but with good reason.

Normally, a couple of times a week or less. We DTD less now than before Brynlee. It's mostly my fault because I get so tired and go to bed before him.

September 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I voted 5-6 times per month and yes it's changed. I really haven't gotten my drive back since I'm still breastfeeding :/ sometimes we do more than that but that would be average I'd say.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
September 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Less than before we had Keelan, but still a lot more than most of our friends. I'd say at least 10 times a month, maybe more.
September 12th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
About 5-6 times a month. My sex drive is nowhere near what it used to be before Alex, but i'm making an effort more lately. Dh has always had a pretty low drive and I've always done more of the initiating. So me slacking in that department means less dtd.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

September 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are 3-4 times per month on average. We're the type where we can go every day, then skip a couple weeks. It has decreased since we had kids big time. I remember we were a couple times a day, then decreased to every day, then decreased to several times a week right before I got pregnant with Layla.
Quality rather than quantity is more important now.

September 12th, 2012, 07:14 PM
First Timer!!!
guna have to say at least 45 times a month ...........

normally dtd 2 times a day ......... but then again you get those nutty 3-4 times days .. those are great!!

but if dh is sick or something sometimes we skip it lolol

i am so like a guy in this department id say ... im pretty much always up for that kinda fun wit DH

it was pretty much the same as this before we had Roran as well
September 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm usually really tired by the end of the day so we're not really all that often. I aim for once a week.

And yes, it has changed since having kids. It didn't used to matter when/where, but now we have little people to avoid. And they're the reason I'm tired!
Dixana likes this.

September 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have totally decreased our "fun" time. Many years ago, before kids, I would have said at least once a day. Then with M it got less, and more with K. Still got at least once a week. Now though, with all three kids, DH's issues, and me being tired (and still a decreased drive), once a month is good for us. I am all about our snuggle time now.
September 12th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have sex one or twice a day every day that he's home.

September 12th, 2012, 08:10 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have some form of sex probably 4-5 days a week. It's about the same since before kids (I think?)
September 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
When we first got married, it was every day. Now it varies from month to month. I have CFIDS and 7 kids though. We spend time alone together every day but it has definitely decreased. As my dh says, it's quality, not quantity.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
September 13th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Id say 5-6 times a month. It really varies with us. Sometimes we wont have sex for a month, then its everyday.
It has drastically changed for us since having kids. It used to be at LEAST once a day, everyday, usually more than once, spontaneous, wherever we happened to be. Cant imagine how I got pregnant with AJ
It also used to.......last longer? We did uh....more stuff basically.
Now its almost always like "hurry up before one of the kids wake up or catches us". And to top it all off Dale is not a sex planner. Making "sex dates" like so many counselors recommend just takes something out of it for him and he doesnt want to.
I have drive like a guy, maybe worse. I have no problem dtd if I'm crabby, mad, tired, etc. He does.
So kids have really hurt our sex life. Just another reason we're done at 2

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 13th, 2012, 07:02 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
We DTD 11+ times a month...I accidently clicked "Our frequency is about the same as before kids" but it has changed before we had our 2nd DD we used to do it ALL the time, one WEEK would be like 20-30 times, we always did it at least 2-4 times a day.
September 13th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I miss DTD. Like Kara and Shannon said, I have a hiiiiigh drive. Even if I start out "not in the mood", DH just kisses me or barely touches me and I am in the mood, lol. I am frustrated if we don't mess around frequently. Luckily, Brynlee goes to bed early and takes long naps. So as soon as DH is back to normal, we will be too! I do miss getting to DTD whenever, wherever as opposed to waiting for nap time or bed time.

September 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
We were DTD several times a week before I got pregnant. Then I got pregnant, and it went waaay down. Then we were JUST getting back into the swing of things after Kaylee came along and were DTD 2-3 times a week.... when I got pregnant again.

Now it's MAYBE 1-2 times a month, but we're both okay with it because now we know it will pick up again once we get into a routine with both babies
September 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting better. It used to be maaaaaybe once a month right after Miles was born. Now it's 1-2 times a week. We would both like for it to be more. Our situation just sucks right now with Miles not having his own bedroom and also being a hit-or-miss sleeper. Opportunities are scarce. I think once we move out back into our own house and Miles has his own room things will go back to normal. Here's hoping! Luckily every time we DTD it is darn good so even with low frequency I'm still a happy camper .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

September 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well hubby's work schedule is crazy so sometimes we only go to bed together twice a week. And out two teens don't go to bed till 10pm on school days and our bedroom is next to our familyroom and I don't want them hearing us DTD. So by the time we do go to bed its like 10:30ish and honestly I am beat by then! So if we DTD once a week then thats good. Hubby would like it everyday, multiple times! LOL With all the kids we just can't fit it in though. It does cause some disagreements at times between hubby and I.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search