Snack food alternatives

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What are some regular foods I can give her instead of always buying those special baby snack foods?

She knows how to gum things up. Are soft canned vegetables good finger foods for her? What about some dry cereals?

What are some things you give your babies?

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

September 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
I give Gabby crackers, goldfish, graham crackers, green beans, carrots, toast, stuff like that in small pieces.

September 13th, 2012, 12:49 PM
nartist's Avatar baby2
puffed wheat,cheerios,mum mums, noodles in small pieces,avacado chunks,banana,raspberries(messy) really ripe pears,blueberries cut in half, watermelon, ripe peaches,really small bits of meat(chicken) toast with jam. peas(he loves eating peas on his own,they are easy to pick up) pancakes(usually make them with banana or blueberries and cut up small), applesauce.

Thanks KILIKI for my siggy!
September 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I don't buy any of the baby snack foods as I think they are way overpriced. I buy different kinds of cereals, bananas, nutrigrain bars, fruit, pirates booty (Organic cheeto type snacks), etc.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
September 15th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Deanna eats everything lol...I buy snacks too but she eats whatever we are eating. There isn't much I won't give her, and since the sneaky thing got into peanut butter with help from a big sister there is nothing I have to be careful with
September 16th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hailey eats everything..lol I was buying some puffs because they are easy to carry around, and she loves them, but I didn't buy any this shopping trip..I give her cheerios for a snack or while waiting for dinner to be done or lunch..I think cheerios would be a good finger food type snack...she also LOVES fruit cups, especially peaches and she just had manderins yesterday for the first time and loved them..anything that she can gum she eats, so try whatever you want as long as you think she can gum them..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search