Facebook group?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies,

I have been really inactive on JM, but I have posted in this group a few times in the past. I have a daughter, Piper, born 10/2/11, and a son Patrick born in August '09. I was really active on JM for my son's DDC and PR, but then my whole PR switched over to Facebook and I rarely come back to JM. But I constantly find myself wishing I had a group for kids my daughter's age too. I am hoping you guys have a facebook group for this PR too, and I'm going to beg beg beg you to consider letting me join it? You can search my previous posts on JM if you'd like to confirm I'm not a troll, and you're welcome to send me friend requests on Facebook too if you'd like (though please let me know who you are-- I also run a local playgroup so people I don't "know" often send me friend requests and I want to know who you are when I accept it.)

I know the nature of these groups and that you have probably all shared lots of private information you don't want a stranger suddenly having access to. I get it. I've been there, with my Aug 09 PR. But please, talk amongst yourselves and maybe someone recognizes me and can vouch for me? I used to do a lot on the NCB board and the cloth diaper board too, but like I said, I pretty much switched exclusively to facebook so I haven't been around JM in a very long time.

Thanks for considering me!

-Regan
Iím rocking my baby and babies donít keep.
September 15th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey I am sorry the board has died. Unfortunately they have all become a group of friends and don't want anyone they don't trust in. I am very sorry about that But If you need a friend I am sure I can make an effort My son Ethan is born Oct 04!

Thanks to tasha_mae for making my siggy!
September 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you, my son is Isaac and was born the 20th.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
September 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hi and welcome! I am one of the hosts of this room. Sadly, it is very, very quiet in here lately. But we are trying to get it back up and running.

We do have a Facebook room, although I am not an admin on it or anything. I think that if you hang in here for a while and we all get to know you, they wouldnt have a problem adding you after a bit. I am unaware if there are problems in the FB room with exclusions or what have you. I think most of the ladies who frequent this room are pretty great.

I'll come around daily to check what is happening. Hopefully some folks come back to chat with you!

I am Ashlee. My "October" baby turns one tomorrow! He was an early bird
September 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, happy birthday Kieran!

Thanks for the welcome ladies. I've posted in here on occasion before, it's just been a long time and I haven't been active in about a year. I get so tired of the JM interface, and I had a bad experience two years ago where some things I posted in a supposedly secret forum got leaked-- it was really fishy and creepy-- and it turned me off JM for a while. I'm still a little wary of JM because of it, but I really really really want to be in a PR for my daughter so I'm going to stick with it this time.

I asked to join the FB group and got turned down. I don't know who all participated in that decision, but I want you guys to know that I don't blame you at all. I'd have said no too. I hope that in time you'll get to know me a little better and you will reconsider, and in the meantime I'll keep posting here. Maybe I can help bring a bit more life back to this group since I'm not in the Facebook group.
Iím rocking my baby and babies donít keep.
September 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
MrsR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome to our jm group. I still read here but I haven't posted in a while. Hopefully you can hang around and get to know some of us better. =-)

Thank you so much to tasha_mae for my adorable signature!

October 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
I wish we could become more active again on here! It just seems to be a convenience thing for everyone with facebook.. Hopefully now that our babies become toddlers we can post more often We hope to get to know all of our new mommies!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search