FINALLY trying cloth diapers!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ratladee
  • 1 Post By ratladee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 08:34 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
We went to the on post yard sale tonight, even though it doesn't start til tomorrow. Well we found some CDs and the lady explained to DH (cuz ya know, they don't listen unless they hear it from someone else!) and we bought 8 for 35$ We got 4 newborns and 4 one size. We got some Bee Changed, Grovia, Oh Katy annnnd another one with a catapillar or something on it... Can't remember.

Hoping to score some more tomorrow! I wish I could pick someones brain right now!

September 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish there was a brain picking smiley lol! Go Miranda! I got a friend a sunbaby one for 7 dollars. My Patrick would never go for cloth diapers lol.

September 15th, 2012, 04:21 AM
jojow
So cute!!!! DH and I only have a crappy top-loading washer and no dryer, and our washer just doesn't clean CDs correctly. So, I haven't used them in a while. But we are *finally* upgrading to a HE washer & dryer soon, so I can't wait to use clean and fluffy CDs!! Yours were a great deal, I hope you find more!
September 15th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good for you!
September 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I don't have a HE washer, just the cheapest top load available lol I will wash them tonight, how do you mean yours doesn't wash correctly? So I know what to look out for.

September 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM
jojow
Your washer will probably be just fine, I wouldn't worry. Mine is older & just doesn't rinse well, and I think might have a soap scum residue in it. I was having an endless issue of odors the second pee hit a clean diaper, so I quit using them. I used my Mom's HE washer and dryer on them once when we visited and there was zero odor again until I washed them in my own washer.
September 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good deals! We go back and forth with cloth, but sometimes, like right now, it's easier to use disposables, especially if you have to change 4-5 poopy diapers a day (the nasty kind not the breastmilk only kind!), which we do with 2 in diapers. Otherwise I love using cloth!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

September 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
awesome. we love our cloth here
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]
September 16th, 2012, 06:58 PM
caitlinmcc's Avatar 1st time mommy
feel free to ask me any questions! I was so clueless when we started and had some friends and youtube videos to help me out ha

check out my blog fourthstpayphone.blogspot.com and
pintsizestyle.com/
September 16th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I love my family!!!
We use cloth over here too! Welcome to the CD club!!
September 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM

Here is my stash! Can someone tell me what brand is the bumble bee with a g? The top pics are newborn size. The bottom OS.

September 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I don't cloth diaper but to answer your question about the bee diaper... I *think* that's what it is called: a "g" diaper.

gDiapers - our green diapers, wipes and diaper accessories.

There are some CD Moms in my other PR and they always suggest the sun for drying diapers. I used to think that sounded disgusting until one posted photos recently. Let me see if I can find them for you...

Okay yes! Here they are! This is the first one she posted on FB and said "Newborn fluff sunning so it will be ready for [the new baby]"

I was thinking.. o..m..geeeee... that looks gross & I wouldn't ever consider putting that on my NEWBORN. ...buttttt... then she posted a follow-up photo later that afternoon...

....annnndddd.....

this
is
what
happened

say WHAAAAATT?!!! I had to ask her details. haha. Here's what she said "I just washed like normal and while wet put them out in the sun. Then went back to spray them with water and let then sit in the sun longer."

I must say... I'm rather impressed. LOL

..but I'm having said all that I'm a big fan of throwing away pOOp.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

September 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
That's awesome Sadly... or Fortunately, however you want to look at it, our house only gets the sun in the backyard in the morning. So most of the day the sun is out in front of our house and of course that's when I am home! I haven't had to sun a diaper yet since none of mine have stains and I'f be willing to be the stains come from newborn poo.
I went to "Fluff Again" and finished out my stash! She now has 16 diapers. I bought 3 bum genius 4.0, 2 velcro one snaps, velcro ones brand spankin new 10 bucks all because it has a small dirt stain that came clean in the wash! And I got 2 brand new rumparoo velcros, and I got 2 fuzzibuns.
Here are pictures of the new additions.

So happy with the bum genius and rumparoos! They fit great, and don't leak!
caitlinmcc likes this.

September 23rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow the power of the sun! I always line dry my diapers and hang them outside on the line when I am able for that very reason. I just feel like they get cleaner with the disinfecting properties of sunlight too.

Your stash looks great! I just had to order more diapers too since I am back to using cloth for 2, so I only have like a day and a half supply right now. I would love to get some Bum Genius one day!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

September 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
So awesome! Does your daycare not mind using them?

pintsizestyle.com/
September 25th, 2012, 10:00 AM
No, our daycare won't do anything "different" so it's still disposable for them, and we use them at night until I find something that works for overnight.

September 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I hate that daycares aren't ok with using cloth. Also we double stuff at night and it has been ok

pintsizestyle.com/
September 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
I used Kawaii heavy duty cloth at night....awesome!
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search