Nail polish not allowed

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChoMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 03:24 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
This is another rule ( no nail polish ) of the school my almost 6 yr old daughter ( couple more months and she turns 6 ) she is in 1st grade and this is a new school for her and us. ( none of our children went to this one ) Its an all girl only school. They also are not allowed to wear hair down.

I manicure both my 5 yr and almost 3 yr old daughters. I only put clear polish with sparkles or glitter, or very light pink, super light green, lavender ect.. the colors are super light. and i also use a kit to clean, shine the nails for when they are without polish.

Am I out of the norm? or do very many other mommies with daughters so the same?
September 15th, 2012, 06:55 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine are only 1 and 2 so I dont do any of that, I do know some mommies with girls that do - do their nails, toes etc but I'm not sure if its all the time usually just on special occassions. Im not sure my girls will have nail polish at that age, BUT I say that now not sure if that will change, I have said a lot of things I would never do before children and then it all changed lol. I think it looks cute, but I feel like ear piercing, make up, nail polish etc is saved for when they older - they have many years ahead of them that will include those things. I feel like little girls/boys should stay as pure as possible for as long as possible lol. That being said, I dont look down on anyone for doing any of it - each family does their own thing and who is anyone else to judge?

That being said I could totally understand why nail polish wouldn't be allowed in an all girls school - what one parent does the other might not and then there would be "fights" at home over it cause my "friend" at school has it. The not wearing your hair down I dont agree with, hair up all day everyday seems bad for the little girls hair. I would suggest maybe looking into another school for next year if this isn't working for you guys.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

September 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The nail polish rule is pretty common for private schools. At the one I went to clear was ok. The hair rule is odd though. What if a girl wears her hair short or has a texture of hair that dosen't go up well?

September 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
But you said you were in Saudi Arabia, they would have different lifestyles than the united states.

September 15th, 2012, 11:05 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leogirl View Post
The nail polish rule is pretty common for private schools. At the one I went to clear was ok. The hair rule is odd though. What if a girl wears her hair short or has a texture of hair that dosen't go up well?
If she has short hair then no problem to wear it down. Im not sure of a 'texture' of hair that would be hard to put up or back in a ponytail. The other private school she went to did not have an issue with polish.

Im going to put some flower nail stickers on and see if they say anything. It may be that she will have to get used to just not having her nails done during the weekdays.
September 15th, 2012, 11:14 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by answeredprayer View Post
But you said you were in Saudi Arabia, they would have different lifestyles than the united states.
I agree in general the way of life is different here than in States. However, this does not have anything to do with it as some schools dont mind and some do. Its just one of those rules that caught me off guard cus to me and my girls its just general practice doing our nails

We will just make weekends our time for fancy fingers! I still just dont understand the reason why.
September 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I won't do Kynslee's nails until a lot older as I don't see need for it. But, I can see it being fun and if you do enjoy that time of doing nails together that it would be a bummer but like you stated make it fun on the weekends.

As far as hair goes that's sad they make girls wear their hair up as I agree with it being bad for always having hair up. I have long hair and always have and often wear in pony tail but I can feel it at the end of the day when I do wear my hair up all day - I can't image how that could be good for young ones all the time. But, every school is different and have different rules you have to follow. Sorry you are not a big fan of the school - bound to be hard on the girls also!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search