I need someone to call me...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
...at 5am to make sure I get up for my run.

Any takers? lol

DH got his staples out Thurs and has been having stomach issues ever since. I didn't get to run at all this weekend because I had Brynlee. So I really need to run in the mornings.

Do you get up early to have your own "me" time or do you sleep in as long as you possibly can?

September 16th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
...at 5am to make sure I get up for my run.

Any takers? lol

DH got his staples out Thurs and has been having stomach issues ever since. I didn't get to run at all this weekend because I had Brynlee. So I really need to run in the mornings.

Do you get up early to have your own "me" time or do you sleep in as long as you possibly can?
Lol i would but that's 3am my time.

I sleep in as long as possible.

And for my walks everyday I just put Alex in the stroller. Otherwise I'd never get to exercise.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

September 16th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sleep! Is have to get up at 6 at the LATEST to work out in the morning.
Im not a morning person.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like my exercise time to be my own, private alone time. Especially running.

Usually I can get up if I lay everything out the night before. Everything from bra, undies, socks to shoes, workout clothes, my Garmin watch, and anything else.

I'm also good about working out in the a.m. Before work if I don't shower the night before. Then I depend on waking up early enough to shower. Then if I wake up that early...I should go ahead and workout first.

But I've been sucky since DH's first surgery. As my sis said...I've been taking care of DH and BB and neglecting ME! it shows too...

September 16th, 2012, 07:45 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Urgh, morning workouts, yuck! I would rather work out over my lunch break.

Good luck with getting up in the AM.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 16th, 2012, 09:31 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you!

In general I sleep until one of my kids wakes up which is 6:40-7. There have been a few ocassions where they both slept in until about 8. I got out of bed, and enjoyed a cup of coffee on the porch alone. Beautiful.
As far as working out, I was doing pretty well getting up around 545 to go bike riding. I had to go early since one, I refuse to take my kids, & two, it was too hot to go later in the day. I do walk with them in the stroller, but like you, I enjoy going by myself too. I can listen to my iPod & not have to answer a million questions about everything.

September 17th, 2012, 04:34 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
I sleep in until either DH wakes me up or its my turn to get up with the kids. So Half the week I sleep until about 9:30 and the other half I get up at 7:45.

I love my sleep sooo much but I want to start doing something for me, I think I may start getting up at 6:30 and going for an hr walk. I always feel better when I get up early and exercise but I stay up way to late...which needs to change to I guess
September 17th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Operation Get Up at 5am To Get Skinny: FAILED

DH was awake ALL night so every time he got up or moved, I woke up. I hate being a light sleeper. He woke up at 4:52. I checked the clock and was like OMG, I only have 8 minutes to sleep! So I slept until 5:45 then took a shower.

Boo on me. I even had all of my clothes and stuff laid out in the other room to get dressed.

Before Brynlee, I always worked out as soon as I got off work at 3:30. So about 4 every day. It was peaceful, I got it out of the way, and could relax in the evening. With our old sitter, I had to pick BB up by 5:00 and the gym is near her house. So I would go there straight after work. Unfortunately, my new daycare has stricter rules about pickup time and I don't want to backtrack to go pick her up if I went to the gym anyway.

I cancelled my gym membership since we are really tight on money and have been living on my income for a while.

September 17th, 2012, 05:40 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Awww sorry it never worked out Is there any way you could go for a quick run after BB goes to bed? even if its only a short run at least you can get some me time.
September 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yuck.... 5am.

I sleep as much as possible. I take my me time in the evenings. Then I go for my walks.

Oh, and this morning I totally could have called if I had seen this! I just happened to be up at 4:45 for some random reason and didn't get back to sleep until 5:30.
September 17th, 2012, 06:20 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I don't think I could form a complete sentence at 5 am. I would NEVER wake up any earlier than I have to. Everything can get done after work or the weekends, or it doesn't get done lol
September 17th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babi_lovin11 View Post
Awww sorry it never worked out Is there any way you could go for a quick run after BB goes to bed? even if its only a short run at least you can get some me time.
I have been slacking so much with working out in the evenings. DH is little to no help right now. So I work all day, pick up the baby, deal with her, make dinner, clean up dinner, bathe and put baby to bed, and then all I want to do is sit down. DH has been hogging the TV, too! I feel like I get no relax time until I get to work at 7am and can drink coffee while I read the news and catch up on JM, lol

September 17th, 2012, 08:12 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I run after the kids are in bed. Everett doesnt sleep through the night and is up at 6 for the day no way I am getting up earlier than needed.

September 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I get up at 7, which is when the boys need to be up for school. I'm never lucky enough for Keelan to sleep through my alarm, though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search