Projects

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By babi_lovin11
  • 1 Post By mandy5586
  • 1 Post By Dee Darling 3
  • 1 Post By Augmommyx2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are you currently working on? Is it for sale, or for your family or house?
Any pics to share?

September 20th, 2012, 11:56 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
No i'm not crafty at all lol....Currently I am in the process of doing Carters room, I have the wall stickers, cars clock and, his wooden letters for his name...but I have to paint his room, I have an idea of how I want it to look but I know I won't be able to make it look right haha. I want the bottom of his room red, a chair rail around the room and white on top, the one wall in his room I want to paint a race track and get some double sided Velcro to stick cars on the wall.

I also am doing a photo book on shutterfly for Carters first Year.... I done one for his first month and its one of my fav things ever ♥
~Rae~ likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not exactly crafty. The only project I am really working on is sorting through Brynlee's clothes!
~Rae~ likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Happy Mommy
oh gosh a whole long list!

if you mean crafty, it's sewing new curtains for the new house, but have to pick fabrics first. then I'm going to sew myself a purse.

if you mean just basic projects I need ot get up shelves in the new house, and finish changing door knobs
September 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'm updating the kids' playroom. God give me strength to finish it.

Before:

After:

It's driving me crazy because the room is a wreck, & I HATE disorder & chaos. I tore down the brick wallpaper, painted some of the walls a soft yellow, painted a chalkboard wall (love!), & put up a chair rail. I made a tree for the reading nook too. I still need to add leaves to it because it's looking a little scary. Lol! I have to finish painting two more walls, arrange the room, finish the wall art (Xavier destroyed the first batch), & I'm thinking of painting ALL the furniture. I also want to do chair covers or buy some if I can find them cheap enough, & chalkboard paint the top of the brown table. That will make for some fun math lessons with Layla. New curtains too probably. So yeah, I have a LONG way to go.

I also made a bow holder for Layla out of an empty oatmeal container yesterday. I'm loving it.

September 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Crafty - fleece blanket for neighbor's grandbaby.

house project - gutting the basement bathroom Sunday and completely redoing it! Yay getting the **** mold out of the house, finally!!!!! I so can't wait! (can you tell)
w292737 likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm working on more stuff for my shop. I have a big storage tub full of fabric waiting to be cut and sewn.
I'm also making coasters for my mom. Thinking about starting to make coasters for my shop too.

Not the best picture but here are the coasters so far.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

September 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Those are cute!

September 20th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Kim
I feel like I don't stop crocheting. I'm currently working on a giraffe stuffy and a pair of slipper booties. I have a list. As far as house stuff, I'm making a shutterfly calendar for FIL's birthday.

September 20th, 2012, 01:21 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am working on sd's homecoming dress. And we are working on our basement. Its unfinished and we are slowly finishing it. We had to take EVERYTHING out of it for the waterproofing and now my garage is full of stuff (well 1/2 of it is anyways!). So I have to go through the stuff now and see what I really need to save and what I can sell/toss/etc. Because I didn't realize how much stuff you can accumulate when you have a whole unfinished basement to store it in! Not quite an episode of hoarders, but as close as I ever want to get! lol

September 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Been working on knitting AJ scarf to match his jacket, which he has been driving me CRAZY over (dont you know it is getting cold outside and his neck is going to be cold kids)
Then Im going to get some super soft yarn and knitt dale a blanket for Christmas.
Its going to be my first pattern and 2 color project knitting.......Im a little worried about it TBH.
I want to knit a blanket for my mom too but I dont really think I have enough time, she'll probably get it for her birthday in Jan.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Rae can you come and decorate my house?

We don't have a playroom but my living room just looks like a giant toy bomb went off, thing is half of the toys they don't play with or the pieces to some toys are all over the house. So I think I may try and put most of the toys in the kids bedrooms since Carter does play in his room a nice bit when Im in there with him.
September 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah. As soon as I finish this playroom, so maybe 4 years from now.

Oh & toys are a problem here too. They have a playroom, but toys are still in every room of the house. I use a storage ottoman & an armoire to store their stuff in. Once Xavier is a little older, I'm going to start donating some of this stuff.

September 21st, 2012, 09:14 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been working on my walls. We finally put things up after over a year here. I got some mirrors up, the beginnings of a gallery wall, some shelves, etc.

We've also been working on some Fall things, a garland, a banner, with the girls.
September 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMGGGGG where do I start!?!?! I have 3 pieces of furniture that need paint. I need to get somethings on the wall in the dining room and playrooms. I am hosting a baby shower on Oct 28th so I need to do stuff for that...deep breath EEEK! And I am still working on embroidery and applique, I am in the process of getting another machine. Here is a shirt I did the other day
~Rae~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search