Where is your LO?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By w292737

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Miss Judy was here on Monday she was really surprised when I reminded her Katelyn was not even 14 months yet. She commented shes very advanced for her age.
This kind of surprised me, I had been thinking shes right where most kids are her age. So I finally had some time today and look up a milestone chart. this one
I was really surprised that so many of the things she does are so high up on the list.

Is anyone elses LO-
Using a spoon and fork? (She's mastered the spoon but still struggles with the fork)
Helping get dressed? (she can do a dress or shirt on her own which honestly is a PITA if I don't put her clothes away)
Stripping? (she can do velcro diapers, pants, zippered sweatshirts, and loose dresses)
Running?
Bending over to pick stuff up?
Picking up toys? (she cleans up better than my 4 year old, no joke)
Looking at books on their own?
Turning pages in books? (has a hard time doing this with board books, she skips pages)
Pointing to body parts? (she only does nose, ear, and belly)
Walking backwards? Sideways?
How many words? (daily use for her is only 4-mama, dadda, key(kitty), this)
Point to or bring you things they want? (Katelyn brings me clothes she need help with, her cup, and drags me to the fridge jabbering so she can point out what she wants)
Sorting? (she sorts colors and uses a shape sorter with ease)

That's all I can think of right now but all of them are considered advanced for her age! Crazyness.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a fun guideline to look at. Will can do most of those things - my biggest concern with him is his lack of talking. I think he just says bubbles right now (baba), and that's it. I think he understands what a bath or a doggie is, but even that might be coincidence that he sometimes looks at those objects when I say them. He doesn't say mama or dada or no or anything. I'm starting to wonder.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
September 20th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brynlee does all of the 13, 14, 15, and 16 month things. She's not finicky about food though. She loves food.

She does a lot of the 17 and 18 month things, but not all of them.

When I was reading my What To Expect: Toddler Years book, she is "ahead" of the things listed for her age.

September 21st, 2012, 06:48 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
Brynlee does all of the 13, 14, 15, and 16 month things.
She does a lot of the 17 and 18 month things, but not all of them.

for my little guy

September 21st, 2012, 06:51 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Using a spoon and fork? Nope!
Helping get dressed? She helps, but doesn't do it herself. She will put her arms through or hold up her legs so we can put her pants on. She tries to put shirts (or pants lol) over her head but can never get her head through the hole.
Stripping? Yes, she will take her shirts off and dresses or sweaters.
Running? Yes
Bending over to pick stuff up? Yep
Picking up toys? We have never tried to get her to clean up since we usually just leave her toys on the floor for the next day lol
Looking at books on their own? Yes
Turning pages in books? Yes, and she really concentrates on it, too. She knows when she has too many pages and will sit there and try until she gets the pages separated.
Pointing to body parts? She does hair, eyes, nose, teeth, belly, leg, and toes (piggies)
Walking backwards? Sideways? Yes
How many words? None. She says Dada, num-nums, mum-mum... but she doesn't know what any of them means. I mean, she KNOWS Kyle is dada, but she says it all the time and not just to mean Kyle. She knows num-nums is food, but she doesn't say it just for food. So I don't think they count.
Point to or bring you things they want? Yes!
Sorting? Not really. She has only figured out the circle in the shape sorter. Otherwise she will try to jam squares into triangles, etc lol
September 22nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Is anyone elses LO-
Using a spoon and fork? He tries, but he doesn't usually get food on the spoon in his mouth, but he understands the idea of it.
Helping get dressed? He can assist with getting his arms through the holes of his shirt, but that's about it.
Stripping? he has managed to once get a diaper off and once get a disposable diaper almost off.
Running? he tries, but is a little unsteady still.
Bending over to pick stuff up? yes!
Picking up toys? he will put things away if he sees me doing it, but he won't pick up on his own.
Looking at books on their own? yep
Turning pages in books? he tries to turn pages, but usually needs a board book to do it.
Pointing to body parts? not even close.
Walking backwards? Sideways? not backwards, but sideways.
How many words? mostly only ball, here, and stop.
Point to or bring you things they want? no, he usually just goes "ah, ah, ah" when he wants something and I have to figure out what he wants.
Sorting? nope
September 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Happy Mommy
she's all over the charts. I don't usually pay attention. she'll do what she does when she's ready
Rachel likes this.
September 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't pay too much attention to those charts either because they all develop so differently!

Using a spoon and fork? Yes
Helping get dressed? He will put his arms through or stick his feet out so I can put socks on. He will sit down so I can put his shoes on if I ask him to
Stripping? He can get his socks and pants off.
Running? Yes
Bending over to pick stuff up? Yes
Picking up toys? He will if I put a toy in the box and then ask him to help
Looking at books on their own? yes
Turning pages in books? most of his are board books and he has trouble turning those.
Pointing to body parts? yes
Walking backwards? Sideways? Yes and his sister showed him how to spin around in circles...
How many words? Bubble, bucket, blanket, ball, dada, mama, duck, truck (but doesn't get the T sound) bye, whats that?, that (while pointing at something to show me) I got. That is all I can think of at the moment but there might be more.
Point to or bring you things they want? Yes
Sorting? No

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
September 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Mummy to great girls
Yeah, she does most of these and she has mastered the art of undressing - which is ok as Summer is on its way and its getting warmer here now so she will keep herself cool.
I sit with her a lot during the day and try to teach her new stuff. She can point out A,B and C as well as 1,2 and 3. She can touch her nose, ear, belly and toes when asked where they are. Still not good with a fork but loves her spoon - it gets carried around the house with her for hours after a meal!

September 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Using a spoon and fork? No
Helping get dressed? He "helps" as in pushing his arm through a shirt
Stripping? Just socks
Running? Yes
Bending over to pick stuff up? Yes
Picking up toys? Yes
Looking at books on their own? Yes
Turning pages in books? Yes
Pointing to body parts? Only with teeth
Walking backwards? Sideways? No
How many words? One with any consistency
Point to or bring you things they want? No
Sorting? No

But he CAN stack 5 blocks consistently and has done 6 a few times.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search