Jinxed myself!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So, in the weekend plans thread, I had talked about how excited I was for this weekend, yada yada yada. Well, it quickly became not the weekend I had planned.

Friday night little rose woke up at 9 and acted odd. She felt clammy and cold. Took her temp 5 different times with 2 different thermometers, and the highest temp (rectally) was 95!

I took her to the ER and she was admitted (needing an ambulance ride to the other campus for the peds ward). Ended up with an ear infection (only) that caused her body temp to drop that low. We didn't get her temp up to 98 until 8 am Saturday.

She was discharged around noon and we went home. IL's watched the 3 kids so DH and I could have an afternoon in the city. We did get to see the president while there (pure chance) and enjoyed a few hours together.

IL's took the older 2 overnight and I was asleep by 7:30. :zzz:

The next morning, little rose was still only holding a 96.5 temp, but acted normal. She ran cool most of the day.

Bathroom demo started and, of course, it became more work than planned. We're changing the location of the hot water heater so we can add 15 sq ft to the bath. So Sunday morning I went out with little rose (leaving the boys at home to demo) and bought a new hot water heater. We were in line for buying one soon since ours was 15 years old and undersized for the house.

Like all projects, things took longer than normal. I got home with the exhausted kids at 8 and the boys didn't have the new hot water heater hooked up until 11 or so. We didn't have the heat on last night (37 degrees outside this morning), so it was chilly in the house.

DH was cranky (and his BG was low).

Anyway, the house is a disaster zone, I have no clean clothes (I had planned on doing laundry on Saturday), and I can't wait for the week to be over.

Happy Monday!
September 24th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry your weekend didn't go as planned.
I hope little rose is feeling better!

And i'm pretty sure Murphey's law just loves home improvement projects. I've never witnessed one that didn't have issues somewhere.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

September 24th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Happy Mommy
oh my gosh!! what a weekend
September 24th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor mama! I hope little Rose is feeling better!

Home renos... ugh... it's never simple!
September 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

At least you still got some time in the city! Hope little Rose is feeling better!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs!! What a hectic weekend!

September 24th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That stresses me out just reading it all!

I hope Little Rose is feeling better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search