Baby Wearers

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Happy Mommy
What is your favorite carrier right now?

I was loving my sleepy till I got my k'tan and that was just faster/easier for me once she got older and little more active. I just bought an ergo on babysteals last week. omg LOVE! and she loves it too.

I'm so excited for it. I'll keep thek'tan in my car like I have been just in case I don't grab the ergo before we leave. but I'm so excited for this.

(on a side note, C is small enough weight wise, that she can ride on my back with the ergo as well )
September 24th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I have a Mei Tai and a Beco. I like them both for different reasons. I keep the Mei Tai in my car.
September 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I have a baby hawk mei tei that I like and use when I need to, and I really like it, but honestly Avery is happier in the stroller or riding in the cart these days so it doesn't get a ton of use.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We have a ergo and a boba. The ergo is my husbands and the boba is mine. I love them both for different reasons.

September 24th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No baby carrying for us anymore. Brynlee is all about walking or riding in the cart or stroller.

Next time, I will definitely invest in a better carrier. I just had the two that I got at my baby shower and neither myself nor Brynlee enjoyed either of the carriers!

September 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
Carter still fits comfortably in our homemade wrap, he can still nap in it even! I do love the ergo (I need to order one, I've only used my sister's) and Carter loves it as well!
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
September 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
No baby carrying for us anymore. Brynlee is all about walking or riding in the cart or stroller.

Next time, I will definitely invest in a better carrier. I just had the two that I got at my baby shower and neither myself nor Brynlee enjoyed either of the carriers!
What kind of carriers were they?

September 24th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
What kind of carriers were they?
They were two that someone got us from Target. One did not fit me right at all and I could never get it situated to not completely kill my back. The other one looked like it hurt her legs and she was never sitting right in it so she was only in it twice. Once with me and once with DH. I'd have to look at what kind they are, but they are in a bin in the garage.

September 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Sounds like they were something like a bjorn or more commonly called a crotch dangler, those are so uncomfortable and puts the baby in a non seated position. Let me know if you need any suggestions next time around.
w292737 likes this.

September 24th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wore Andrew today. I have a Boba air. I love that it is lightweight in the FL heat but I still think that I want an Ergo. He does really well when I wear him and some times the stroller just doesn't work. We usually back carry.
September 24th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Mummy to great girls
Someone gave us a bjorn that we used for a few weeks but she just did not sit right in it and then we bought an Ergo....never looked back. We all love it!

September 24th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to use a baby bjorn but it would give me horrible back pain after wearing him. I used to use the moby wrap but haven't used it for awhile now. Right now we use an ergo occassionally. I love the ergo b/c i use the hip carry and it's great. We also have discovered back carriers. He loves and we love it.
September 25th, 2012, 01:19 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just had a Moby sling & baby bjorn but with B, I reallllyyyy want an Ergo, especially since I plan on wearing him a lot, to keep him out of reach of his big sister. lol
September 25th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoaMiracle View Post
We just had a Moby sling & baby bjorn but with B, I reallllyyyy want an Ergo, especially since I plan on wearing him a lot, to keep him out of reach of his big sister. lol
watch baby steals. they have them on there fairly often and at a great price. that's how I got mine
September 26th, 2012, 06:06 AM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
I love my Ergo

\
September 26th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love our Ergo, I wear her in it at least a few times a week. I still use my mei tai occasionally, but always reach for the Ergo first.

Expecting baby #4!

September 26th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alexis still loves her Boba Wrap. She loves it, I'm not shopping around.
September 26th, 2012, 11:45 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Moby and an Ergo. I still use the Moby every now and then, but mainly use the Ergo.
September 27th, 2012, 08:07 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started with the Moby Wrap when Miles was a newborn then graduated to the Boba when he was 4-5 months old. Got a killer deal on BabySteals. Then I was lucky enough to snatch up that same deal that Ro did on the Ergos and WOW do I love it! I always loved my Boba but I feel like this is better for an older kid. Holds him close but still gives him some room to move around. I also love the hip carry because he can look forward but still be somewhat forward facing. I'm not talented enough to do the back carry when I am alone and Miles gets frustrated when he's stuck facing me.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search