Midnight Wake Up

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Kaylee has been waking up doing a whiney cry every night that Kyle isn't here at midnight. She logically should have no idea that he isn't here because she is long sleeping by the time he leaves, but the two nights he was off she didn't do it!

The worst part is that I have a hard time getting her back to sleep. I have to pat her bum/rub her back for ten minutes or so, then when she doesn't stop I bring her in our room for twenty minutes until she falls asleep, and then put her back in her crib.

I have no idea why she does this at the same time every night or how to get her to stop.

Last night I tried just leaving her and she cried on and off for 45 minutes.

I really need advice because I am already losing a lot of sleep getting up every two hours peeing plus having to get up earlier in the morning with her since Kyle isnt here. Any ideas?

TIA
September 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Is she getting her molars maybe or some other teeth? Have you tried giving her teething tablets or tylenol or something before bed to see if she will sleep through? I would think something is bothering her for her to be waking up- when Avery wakes up at a time when she usually doesn't the first thing I always wonder is- what woke her?? She must be uncomfortable or something for some reason.

Just a thought, I have no other suggestions.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ that.

Also, this may sound odd, but did he usually come to bed or something around that time? When I was little and stayed at my grandparents my grandpa would always stay up and watch the news, then the late show.
If I woke up and the hall light and tv were still on Id freak out.
Is there a light or sound thats there/not there depending if hes home?

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

September 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think sometimes they can sense things. Logically, my son should not know that I've left for work either. Yet when I work night shifts he rarely wakes up. If I'm home he wakes up to nurse. He isn't even in the same room as us. But more than likely it's just molars or something else bothering her and hopefully it will pass quickly.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
September 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so weird because Savannah is doing the same thing! On the nights D comes home late, she goes down & then wakes up screaming about an hour later, which she never does when he homes.
They must just KNOW.
September 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Carter has been doing the same thing latley. Im thinking its his molars.
October 1st, 2012, 05:53 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Kaylee only has four teeth so far, so I don't think molars would be next, would they?

She woke up Saturday morning with a cold, so I am not sure if maybe it was related? I tried putting her to bed a half hour earlier Friday night on a suggestion from a couple friends, and she just woke up at 11:30 instead of 12 lol

I have also heard from a few other friends whose babies just turned 13 months that theirs are doing the the same thing, so maybe it's a phase? I dunno!!! Drives me bonkers lol
October 1st, 2012, 05:56 AM
First Time Mommy
Brynlee has had a few nights recently where she cries out in the middle of the night. She doesn't have her molars coming in yet.

Maybe it's a coincidence that it happens on the nights that Kyle is working? I don't know.

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
October 1st, 2012, 07:11 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, deff a coincidence because Savannah has been doing every night now & D has been home..Grr...She literally was up at 3am & 5am last night just whining & talking in bed...Right next to us. Kill me.
October 1st, 2012, 07:50 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be molars. You never know. I find kids teeth ever want to follow a set schedule of when one or the other comes in.

I hope whatever it is she starts sleeping for you! Especially being pregnant, being uncomfortable/peeing/insomnia are bad enough!
October 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im not help because Everett doesnt sleep through the night. But I think babies/kids realize a lot more than we give them credit for.

October 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Happy Mommy
Bob does this when teething
October 3rd, 2012, 05:14 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I've got nothing because Keelan hasn't slept more than 7 hours straight since birth. I'm dying from lack of sleep. Last night was especially bad and he was up at 6 a.m. when Neely's alarm went off. :yawns:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search