Others babysitting

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am getting to the point where I do not want other people babysitting (including family). FIL asked if he could watch Brynlee on Saturday evening since MIL watched her during the day while we were with our realtor. He was just going to watch her for a couple of hours, but SMIL wanted to keep her over night since DH's step-sister was in town (she loves Brynlee). Anyway, We TOLD them that she takes one nap now. We told him that she takes it in the afternoon for usually 2-2.5 hours. We also told him that she will probably wake up early on Sunday morning, but give her some milk and she usually just drinks it, plays a little, and goes back to sleep until 8 or 9. Sometimes she doesn't wake up until then.

Anyway, so we were meeting with the realtor again on Sunday afternoon. So we wanted to make sure she took her afternoon nap before we left. We came to pick her up at about 10am and she was sleeping and had been sleeping for about an hour. When I asked FIL about her sleeping, he said that he had to "make" her take a nap. He said she cried for a good 15 or 20 minutes before she finally fell asleep.

:enterheartbreakinghere:

I said WHAT??? I told him that if she is crying like that then she obviously does not want to/need to lay down. I told him that I flat out TOLD HIM that she only takes one afternoon nap. He said that he "thought she still took a morning nap". I asked him how on Earth he could just leave a baby screaming and crying in her crib and just walk away from that. His response..."I knew she'd eventually get tired of crying and go to sleep."

I feel sick.

October 1st, 2012, 06:06 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I'm sorry he didn't listen to your wishes and advice when it comes to her napping

It would irritate me too if somebody didn't listen to the way we want Kaylee cared for. Maybe he did CIO with his kids so to him it wasn't a big deal - but that still does not give him the right to do it with BB when you specifically told him not to.
October 1st, 2012, 07:09 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wth? Sounds like they all just do what they want! Poor Brynlee!
I would be so mad! I don't blame you for not wanting to leave her with these people. lol
October 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be so upset too! Poor thing.

If anyone disrespects my parenting rules while they are watching my babies, they don't do it a second time. Maybe you give him this one, explain, and see how a second time goes.... but that's up to you really.
October 1st, 2012, 08:44 AM
Happy Mommy
poor baby

I'd just make sure you have people that you know will listen to your routine watch her for you, rather then when they want, but because you need them too
October 1st, 2012, 09:38 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
This is why my kids do not do sleepovers until they can talk.

I'm sorry, poor BB

The only person to watch my kids overnight has been my mom and its always because I have to go out of town for Drs appointment (its a 4 hr boat ride and 2 day trip) but I always call around bedtime just to remind her and I would obviously hear Carter if he was crying and tell her to go get him. He NEVER cries while falling asleep, he is my best sleeper and goes to bed on his own without a problem so if I heard him crying in his crib he obviously isn't tired.
October 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've never had any problems before. Him and SMIL do everything that we ask and Brynlee LOVES Grandpa. But for him to FORCE her to nap and everything...oh Lord. I know he knows I was very upset because I'm not exactly good at hiding it!

He apologized and said that he thought she still takes two naps...I don't see how he didn't get it when I said she takes ONE LONG AFTERNOON NAP, but whatever.

October 1st, 2012, 12:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Maybe it went in one ear and out the other, then when it came time to do the nap he didnt remember or something. We dont CIO so I would be upset. We havent left Everett because he doesnt sleep through the night so Im not sure what I would do. Maybe a list to physically hand them?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search