Log In Sign Up

Older Siblings


Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
October 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Julka
Guest
Posts: n/a
Those babies who have older siblings - what's their reaction to little brother/sister being mobile or somewhat mobile at this point? Does baby get into their stuff at all? How do the older kids react?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
October 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,919
My older dd both loves it (she gets excited for him) and hates it (she freaks out when he touches her stuff!). We are continually reminding her to put away anything she doesn't want him to touch (and there are a few special things we only take out when he's napping). She's really going to hate when he's pulling up and then walking lol
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
October 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookums View Post
My older dd both loves it (she gets excited for him) and hates it (she freaks out when he touches her stuff!). We are continually reminding her to put away anything she doesn't want him to touch (and there are a few special things we only take out when he's napping). She's really going to hate when he's pulling up and then walking lol
This is Stella completely. When Duncan stands on his own she claps and cheers him on, but God forbid he get into something of hers!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
October 1st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Julka
Guest
Posts: n/a
They ♥ him, but they don't like him getting into their stuff! Which, really, I can't blame them since he tries to eat everything! They play with these large, stuffed Disney princess dolls and he sucks on their hands & legs and they hate that, lol. He also destroys every puzzle they make, but I put it back together before they return from school.. & basically, I tell them to play on top of the sofa or in their room if they play with smaller items!

But every day before they leave for school, they make sure to give him a hug AND a kiss!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
October 2nd, 2012, 12:36 AM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,270
her older brother doesnt really play with her at all that I see. I think he has held her about 4 or 5 times total. He's 15, And i don't see him really desiring to have a bro/sis relationshuip with her which makes me really sad.
__________________
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama



[/url]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
October 2nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,313
They love it. They cheer her on when shes standing and walking the furniture. They dont mind her getting into their toys. Well the boys dont. But they are really good. They take things away from her nicely and give her something to play with inplace of whatever they took back. They spend their free time after school playing with her and she just adores them. Emma on the other hand is having some issues with Whitney. She doesnt want Whitney to take her things, but then takes whitneys toys to play with. so we are working on it, but that only happens once in a while, otherwise emma is really sweet to her and gives her things as well to play with. over all they are all enjoying being big brothers and sister to whitney and keep asking me if theres any more coming because they want Whitney to be a big sister too.. haha
__________________

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

Reply With Quote
  #7  
October 3rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,254
Caroline (2) loves it. They're going to give me a run for money I think! They play really well together. My 11 year old loves to teach Jon new things. She only gets aggravated when Caroline gets into her stuff....so we are constantly battling that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
October 18th, 2012, 05:23 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,460
Amber loves it, she will get on her hands and knees and crawl with him, they will somewhat play tag. Its pretty cute. She'll also hold his hands and help encourage him to walk
As for her stuff, Amber is luckily old enough that 90% of her toys stay in her room and really she doesnt really play with toys too much anymore either.
__________________






Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
Reply With Quote
  #9  
October 18th, 2012, 09:07 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,014
David is spending more time in his room , trying to keep Asher from playing with his stuff. He is great about sharing, but also slips in to the MINE mode.
__________________
Donna - Mom to David and Asher

Reply With Quote
  #10  
October 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,753
My older one (4yr) LOVES it. They haven't had any sharing issues at all. We have a few things like his legos or his little pirate set with all the tiny swords and cannons and stuff that stay away until little man is napping or something. Besides that thought they are constantly playing with each other now. The last month everything has really progressed! J plays ball now, stacks blocks (sort of. HAHA), plays cars, plays with their barn & animals, etc... It's only the 2 of them so they are little BFFs.
Snookums likes this.
__________________

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.


♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.


Reply With Quote
  #11  
October 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingGlassAlice View Post
her older brother doesnt really play with her at all that I see. I think he has held her about 4 or 5 times total. He's 15, And i don't see him really desiring to have a bro/sis relationshuip with her which makes me really sad.
AWWW I hope it's just a phase. When my Dad remarried my younger sister was 16 and my Step-Mom got pregnant. My 15yr old sis swore she would have nothing to do with the baby. She was such a snot. No lie. My Step-Mom was also very young so I think that bothered my sister too. She was not nice. ..not for a long time. Then one day everything changed. As soon as my baby sister started talking they formed their own little relationship and now it would SHOCK you to hear how she originally felt. They adore each other! ..even though they are so many years apart. It also helps that the live together. They didn't live together when she was just a baby but then when my sis graduated high school she went to live with my Dad while she went to college and everything changed. I hope one day Willow and her brother will be able to be there for each other. Don't push it, but definitely continue to encourage a relationship as they get older. Right now I think teenage hormones and the "baby stage" are getting in the way. Maybe? Good luck!!
__________________

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.


♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.


Reply With Quote
  #12  
October 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mBABYe View Post
AWWW I hope it's just a phase. When my Dad remarried my younger sister was 16 and my Step-Mom got pregnant. My 15yr old sis swore she would have nothing to do with the baby. She was such a snot. No lie. My Step-Mom was also very young so I think that bothered my sister too. She was not nice. ..not for a long time. Then one day everything changed. As soon as my baby sister started talking they formed their own little relationship and now it would SHOCK you to hear how she originally felt. They adore each other! ..even though they are so many years apart. It also helps that the live together. They didn't live together when she was just a baby but then when my sis graduated high school she went to live with my Dad while she went to college and everything changed. I hope one day Willow and her brother will be able to be there for each other. Don't push it, but definitely continue to encourage a relationship as they get older. Right now I think teenage hormones and the "baby stage" are getting in the way. Maybe? Good luck!!
I sure hope so....I think it might have something to do with me....he kinda hates my guts because I didnt let him run around and steal crap like his father did.
__________________
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama



[/url]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0