Thanksgiving!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahari

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well this coming weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada, so I thought for us up North we could talk Thanksgiving.

Canadians - What are your plans this weekend?

Everyone - How do you celebrate? With whom? What's your favourite food?

Feel free to share recipes!
October 2nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
OMG I am unreasonably excited Thanksgiving lol Preggo mama + turkey + gravy + potatoes + PIE =

We're going to my sister's house on Sunday for all the fixins, and since my nephew (is a pyro) and has an obsession with fire works, my aunt bought a huge display of the at home ones and we're going to the park after dinner to (probably) set the whole town on fire! Sounds fun, right?

My DH's parents are also coming into town this weekend, which should be a good time since they haven't been here since Kaylee's birthday in mid-Augst! She wasn't walking yet then and she has two more teeth and I just know they're going to be blown away by how big she is!!!
October 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not quite sure what we're doing. Either stay here and do our own turkey dinner, or drive 8hrs one way and go to the ILs where they do all the prep and cook, we're just stuck with the drive. I'm gonna play it by ear, but we're likely driving out on Friday am
October 2nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am jealous that it's already Thanksgiving there, LOL

I love Thanksgiving. I get a 5 day weekend! Last year, we spent it with DH's family since my mom was still living in North Dakota. This year, my family is back and they live in the same area as DH's family. I think DH usually works the day after Thanksgiving It sucks. We normally go to DFW on Wednesday evening and spend Thursday with DH's family. So I am not sure what we will do this year with both of our families :/

I prefer my Mom's Thanksgiving cooking over DH's family's. My mom always makes Ham and Turkey, broccoli cheese casserole, stuffing, potatoes, veggies, rolls, banana pudding, lots of pies...

My mom makes the best pumpkin cheesecake in the entire world. I don't even eat DH's family's pumpkin pie! I think it's gross!

October 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait for Thanksgiving this year!!! This will be my first Thanksgiving in a bajillion years I'm not WORKING. When you work as a chef/cook/whatever in the restaurant industry you work pretty much every holiday. This year, I am cooking up a storm... but at HOME for FAMILY! I can't wait! It's not a lot of people, but I'm going big anyway.

Pumpkin pie, butter pecan broccoli, turkey with cranberry lime sauce, stuffing, and some new recipes I'm planning to check out from a few magazines I've found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
OMG I am unreasonably excited Thanksgiving lol Preggo mama + turkey + gravy + potatoes + PIE =
October 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so jealous! I'm SO ready for yummy Thanksgiving!!

I can't wait for the yummy turkey (We do fried turkeys...Amazingggg!) & sweet potato casserole, carrot souffle, & pumpkin cheesecake!! Okay, now I want it so bad! haha

I hope you all have a great time!!

This year we are going to my MIL's house, which is different because for the past 5 years we have been in NC & I always cooked. I a little bummed this year to not have control. lol
October 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We either go to MIL house or I cook. I like when MIL does the cooking because I can just bring a dish & relax. No going to several stores to find ingredients, cooking all night, cleaning up the mess, & storing all the food.
I think I may cook this year though. It's been two years so I think it's time!

October 2nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
U know I'm pregnant and greedy now I want to celebrate Canada's Thanksgiving! And I'll celebrate US next month again... Would I be wrong for that?... Share Menu's with me so I can fantasize. My Mom is cooking this year or we may go to Brothers in MD where Mom will still cook.
tricia_16_ likes this.

October 3rd, 2012, 05:48 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I have no idea what we're doing for Thanksgiving and whether I'm cooking or if we're going somewhere. I guess I should figure that out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search