How Long Does it Take You...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
to fall asleep at night?

What position do you sleep in?

How much sleep do you normally get a night?

It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep at night. DH literally lays down, closes his eyes, and is OUT. If he tosses and turns for even five minutes, he is pissed off that he can't sleep. I WISH!!!

I start laying on my side, and then right when I'm starting to feel drowsy I will switch to laying on my stomach (well, as much as I can lay on my stomach at this point anyway). Usually at that point I have to pee again, so then I go pee and come right back to laying on my belly.

We are usually in bed with the lights out by 9. DH leaves the bed at 10 to go to work, so by the time I am actually alseep it is probably close to 11. Then if Kaylee does her midnight wake up I am up again at midnight until about 1, then sleep again until 7ish... getting up every two hours to pee (like clock work). So I would say I am averaging about 6-7 hours of sleep per night.
October 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I can really say is it depends it depends it depends. Some nights I am out right away other nights I cannot sleep at all. I lay on my back sometimes, on my stomach sometimes, and sometimes on my side, depends how my body feels.
And some nights I sleep 3 hours, some nights I sleep 7, but I pretty much never get more sleep than that.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere at any time.

I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow. I sleep on my stomach facing the left and my right arm under my pillow. I'd say I sleep 8-10 hours a night. Less than that and I get massive brain fog.

#2-EDD 9/10/14
TTC 19 months, round 1 of clomid worked! 100 mg CD6-9

October 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
I watch tv on my phone until I get really tired but I don't think it would take me longer than 15 mins to fall asleep.

I have to fall asleep on my right side. But I am al over the place once I fall asleep lol

I normally get around 8 hrs of sleep a night 12am - 8am
October 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleep just depresses me these days..lol

Takes me for freakin' ever to fall asleep, I toss & turn all night with leg cramps, backache, etc...I get up ATLEAST 5 times to pee & I'm lucky to wake up feeling refreshed.
October 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to fall asleep at night? It depends on how tired I am. On a good night I might fall asleep in 10 minutes or so, on one when I'm not tired it can take 45 minutes - 1 hour. Sometimes more.

What position do you sleep in? Usually on my side/stomach

How much sleep do you normally get a night? This can vary greatly depending on work, how late I end up staying up, how much Dominic wakes up, etc. A bad night is probably 3-4 hours. A good night is around 7 hours.

I don't need much sleep so I can function extremely well on very little. If I end up with 3 hours it's no big deal unless it continues to happen for 3 or more nights in a row.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 2nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post

It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep at night. DH literally lays down, closes his eyes, and is OUT. If he tosses and turns for even five minutes, he is pissed off that he can't sleep. I WISH!!!
This pretty much sums up my DH an I too.

It takes me forever to fall asleep, his head hits the pillow and he is asleep.

I usually start on one side, flip to the other just before falling asleep and generally wake up on my back.

On a good night I get 6 hours sleep, but 4-5 is more normal.

October 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
It takes me about an hour to fall asleep, sometimes less. I have to read or watch tv to fall asleep. I wish I was like Neely and could just lay down and close my eyes, but no.

I toss and turn between back and both sides. Occasionally, I'll end up on my stomach.

I get as much as Keelan will let me get. Probably about 6-7 hours on a good night.
October 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
First Time Mommy
It takes me forever to fall asleep most days. We need a new bed so I am very uncomfortable. I sleep on either my side, with my arm under the pillow, or on my stomach. I usually sleep with one knee up...kinda pushing DH, lol. I haven't slept like that in so long because of his surgeries.

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
October 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
to fall asleep at night? Usually no more than 30 minutes unless I have a lot on my mind.

What position do you sleep in? I love to sleep on my stomach

How much sleep do you normally get a night? I try to get between 7-8 hours. In that time Tristan will be up at least once or twice so sometimes its more like 5-6

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
October 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have CFIDS so it would normally take me about 3 hours to fall asleep. Thank goodness for sleeping meds.

I usuallysleep on my side although I turn to my back. Not much of a stomach sleeper.

My goal is 10hrs sleep at night. It's usually more like 7-8. Oh what I wouldn't give to be normal and be able to survive on just 7hrs sleep.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search