You Thought You'd Never...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Rae~
  • 1 Post By mandy5586
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Dixana
  • 1 Post By w292737
  • 1 Post By Dixana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 08:03 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I just read this article called "10 Things I Never Thought I'd Do In Front of my Husband" and was KILLING myself laughing!!!

If you didn't read the article, the things she lists are:

1) Peeing/Pooping
2) Passing gas
3) "Creaming" her 'stache
4) Giving birth
5) Using a double breast pump
6) Sex with AF
7) Not plucking her nipple hair lmao
8) Blowing her nose
9) Pimple popping
10) Solo sex
11) Ear cleaning

So I was wondering... have you done any of the above in front of your SO thinking you NEVER would?

Is there something else you thought you would never do in front of your hubby that you do?

Do you think that's normal, or should we save some secrets and do some things behind closed doors only - no matter how long you've been married and how comfortable you are with each other?
October 4th, 2012, 08:51 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done most on the list in front of Tim at some point or another.
Absolutely nothing embarasses me when it comes to him. I have PCOS so I get a bit hairy. I always hid it from everyone else, but I nair the hair right in front of him. He'll be shaving in his sink, & I'll be applying Nair right next to him and washing it off in my sink.
Feels great to be free!
Rachel likes this.

October 4th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hahahaha. Well I don't have nipple hairs to pluck so that's not an issue and I don't really get pimples either so that's not really an issue.

But yes to the rest! I don't like to use the restroom in front of him, but I'll pee when he's in the shower. And Brynlee has opened the door when I am #2 and DH is in our bedroom, but I try not to #2 with him near me, LOL
PurpleQueen likes this.

October 4th, 2012, 09:22 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My husband and I are so gross lol. we have no shame. lol
Rachel and ~Rae~ like this.

October 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not even gonna lie, the whole time I was reading that I was thinking.....REALLY?

I know things are really different from most with Dale and I, but we're talking about a guy who, not even a full month into our relationship, had to untie me from the bed in the middle of...uhm....extracurricular activities so I could stagger to the bathroom and barf, then proceeded to follow me around the neighborhood at 3 am because I insisted I needed to go for a walk, THEN had to drag me the last 2 blocks home because I decided a drunken nap in the park sounded good.

Yeah, the idea of not blowing my nose in front of him......well, I rolled my eyes.
I've done all those things (aside from the handful that don't apply to me) in front of Dale and lord knows he's done them in front of me!

I do get an attitude about people being in the bathroom with during #2 though and to this day I can't pee if Dale is looking right at me.

I guess I'm with Lyndsey, we have no shame!
tricia_16_ likes this.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
DH is funny because he is super stealthy when it comes to #2. He will just disappear upstairs and after five minutes or so, I used to yell up, "What are you doing!?" and if he didn't answer... he is in the can lol Like, he literally will not speak to me while in the bathroom.

Me, on the other hand, could go with the door open without batting an eye lol We never really discussed our bathroom time or anything until I had my problems with my anal fissures and had to have surgery... up until the surgery it was literally a play-by-play with how much blood and how much pain I was in. Then after the surgery, it was a play-by-play of how good it felt to actually go to the bathroom without pain lol Now it is not uncommon for me to enter the room after going to the bathroom and saying something like, "Well, that wasn't pretty!"

I am bad for passing gas too... I have always been really, really loud, and while it used to shock (and probably disgust) him, I started blaming it on being pregnant when I was with Kaylee, and have continued to use that excuse this time. He will pass gas in front of me, but his are literally ALWAYS silent so I never know unless it stinks lol

I have also done the pumping thing (which I literally thought would ruin us both for life when it comes to my boobs, but it didn't happen), giving birth, blowing/picking my nose haha, but I think that's it.

We have never DTD while AF was in town, and I don't have pimples to pop or hair in strange places to wax or pluck.

Oh - I also have to add that DH will NOT let me see him pee. I have never seen a man pee before, but he just will not let me watch!
October 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post

I have also done the pumping thing (which I literally thought would ruin us both for life when it comes to my boobs, but it didn't happen),
After AJ was born I pumped exclusively for three months. He was like a little kid! He was FASCINATED by me pumping. TBH, I thought it was kind of weird.
He would also give me crap all the time too "it only takes like 5 minutes for the cows and you don't get a quarter of that milk!"

I forgot about the sex during AF thing. I can't. ONLY in the shower. But we're on the same page there too.

October 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh and i have very little shame. We don't go #2 with each other in the room and we don't usually have sex during af (he minds, i don't really)
He won't pee if I'm watching him. Which is fun to mess with him about. He'll wait til I'm in the shower and go.the toilet is right by the shower so i always pop my head around the curtain and ask what he's doing.

Oh and the popping pimples thing. This might be gross but whatever. Dh has some acne on his back and i'll help him with the ones he can't reach.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

October 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Happy Mommy
do people really think they'll be living with someone for the rest of forever and NOT do these things? some of those are pretty basic (blwoing nose? hello!)

yeah I have no shame, there are somethings i don't/wont' do. like put in a tampon if he's in the bathroom, but most everything else I don't care.
mandy5586 likes this.
October 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh and giving birth thing, the whole time i wad pregnant swore he wasn't allowed to look down there during the birth. When the time came, the dr said 'look', he looked and i did not care one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
do people really think they'll be living with someone for the rest of forever and NOT do these things? some of those are pretty basic (blwoing nose? hello!)

yeah I have no shame, there are somethings i don't/wont' do. like put in a tampon if he's in the bathroom, but most everything else I don't care.
Seriously. If you can't do basic stuff like blow your nose, how are you supposed to live with them for the rest of your life?

For the first year or so they lived together my sister's now husband left the room to fart. Every single time, and he's a gassy dude. I about died laughing when my sister told me that.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

October 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I didn't want DH to look down there during L&D and neither did he, but when I bled out and he thought he was going to be a single Dad...he had to look.

He helped me BF for a long time and I pumped in the living room without covering up all the time.

He held my hair back while I threw up for 21 weeks. i even peed at the same time plenty of times!

DH isn't much of a grossed out/squeamish person. I don't purposely push farts out and stuff in front of him, but he laughs if I fart in front of him.

October 4th, 2012, 02:03 PM
First Timer!!!
i dont have an issue with anything but the pooping

i mean dh can have the door open and talk to me while ... sure i might hear a little something but i just dont wanna see that lol

and no when i go poo im alone .. no open door lol a quick question thru the door is ok but ......... if it can wait .... id rather let it wait the few mins it takes me .. im super fast at that .. high fiber diet

umm yeah i dont mind pimple poping .. i have one like every once in a great while while he gets some on his back .. we pop eachothers lol .. no shame there

dont have any unwanted hair so duno bout that one though ...

the others i dont mind either way on them
October 4th, 2012, 03:46 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only thing we don't do is poo...Well, he will just not me..I like my privacy while I'm doing my business. haha
October 5th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
1) Peeing/Pooping peeing yes, pooping no.
2) Passing gas yes and it's hilarious!
3) "Creaming" her 'stache not necessary
4) Giving birth yes, of course
5) Using a double breast pump yep. in fact Neely was fascinated by it and loved to watch. Weird, I know.
6) Sex with AF yep, but usually only towards the end when things are slowing down
7) Not plucking her nipple hair lmao uh?
8) Blowing her nose yeah, not sure why that would be an issue
9) Pimple popping yep, love popping his pimples!
10) Solo sex I'm sure we've done it, but not in a long time.
11) Ear cleaning again, not sure why this is an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixana View Post
After AJ was born I pumped exclusively for three months. He was like a little kid! He was FASCINATED by me pumping. TBH, I thought it was kind of weird.
He would also give me crap all the time too "it only takes like 5 minutes for the cows and you don't get a quarter of that milk!"
See, I thought Neely was the only one fascinated by the pumping.
October 7th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're also in the no shame club here.

I prefer to not have anyone in the room with me during #2, but that's a rare occurrence. I hate hearing DH in the bathroom for #2 - he's loud. lol

I don't have a 'stache to cream, but I do tweeze the couple darker hairs in front of him.

No nipple hairs that I know of. And haven't gotten any as I've become more "granny-like".

Sex during AF is usually after 1 or 2 days.

Solo-sex is usually when DH is sleeping. I don't want to hurt his ego.

But, yea, everything else has been an open book here.
October 7th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Darling 3 View Post

Solo-sex is usually when DH is sleeping. I don't want to hurt his ego.
I'm fairly certain that every straight man on earth takes solo-sex in his presence as an invitation instead of an insult
~Rae~ likes this.

October 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixana View Post
I'm fairly certain that every straight man on earth takes solo-sex in his presence as an invitation instead of an insult
Nope, not mine. He would totally feel as if he wasn't successful in his "duties". I would never say that to his face though.
October 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
kiszi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to pump wherever and DH didn't mind. However I hand expressed in front of him a couple of times and he was weirded out. Said it looked like it must really hurt. SO that's one thing I wouldn't do in front of him.

Most of the other things we're pretty open about.. I'll pee if he's in the shower or I'll leave the door open, but not if he's in there shaving or something (shy bladder lol).

I'll pluck my eyebrows in front of him but leave the upper lip hairs for later.. gotta leave some mystery, ya know?

Nipple hairs?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search