Teething- How bad is your LO?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 07:24 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
What is your baby like when teething? Cool as a cucumber, or horribly grumpy?

Avery is of the horribly grumpy variety. During the day she is ok, but she DOES NOT SLEEP hardly at all. Last night she went down at 6 (she had only taken a very short nap) and I gave her tylenol before bed. I put her back to sleep 4x before 10pm, at which point I gave her some Advil. Finally she slept 3 hours. So until 1am. After that is was every 45mins-1hour again until 7 this morning.

Coffee is my friend today!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 5th, 2012, 07:48 AM
First Time Mommy
Brynlee isn't horrible, but she definitely does not taking teething very well. She ALWAYS gets a fever, she is very whiney and upset She doesn't sleep well. She usually wakes up once or twice. Even with giving her Tylenol and teething tablets before bed, she still wakes up hot and not feeling well. I usually give her more pain medicine and teething tablets then cuddle/rock her until she relaxes. Then put her back to bed.

Luckily, she hasn't had any teething issues for the last 2 or so months.

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
October 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Kaylee has only exhibited "teething behavior" twice, and she got two teeth each time. She whined a lot for two-three days, and then she was fine. No fever, no night waking... so I guess we've been pretty lukcy so far! *knocks on wood*
October 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He has 7 teeth now. He has been fine during some teeth coming in. Others he has gotten the runny nose and a case of the crabby! He still sleeps pretty well, but he is just fussy and pretty miserable during those crabby times. I don't use the orajel or teething tablets because I am paranoid about side effects. I like to buy those yogurt tubes and freeze them and let him chew on those. It seems to make him happy.

I have done a little baby tylenol or baby ibuprofen if he seems really in pain.

October 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I would have said cool as a cucumber, but these molars are a *****! He just had one break through the gums and 3 more are close. It's been a rough few weeks of sleep.
October 5th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I would have said cool as a cucumber, but these molars are a *****! He just had one break through the gums and 3 more are close. It's been a rough few weeks of sleep.
Molars are a ***** for sure! Alex had 3 break through at once and a 4th close behind. It's been a really rough time here.
She's an awful teether. I feel bad giving her so much tylenol but it's the only thing that makes for any sleep at all.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

October 5th, 2012, 09:33 AM
kiszi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she's not super grumpy or cool as a cucumber but somewhere in the middle. Teething seems to mean a few more minor meltdowns and general whininess. Also means 1 or 2 night wakings. Now if only I could get her to go back down without giving a bottle..

October 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Veteran
Awful here. Every. Single. Tooth. is a production.
October 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
more of the cool as a cucumber variety. We often don't even know she's teething until the teeth are through. Molars have been the worst so far too.
October 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He was awful until I got his teething necklace. He would literally be a crying, whining, want to be held all day, waking up every 1-2 at night disaster for about 3 weeks when he got each set of teeth. His necklace seemed to help though. His last two sets, (4 eye teeth and 4 molars) he was way better with it on. Still a bad sleeper, but not as bad. If I took it off for a day or two though I could notice a difference.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
shoppermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't know...she has ZERO teeth at the moment---and I can't feel any coming. She is the latest of my 3 kids. My other 2 kids had at least 1 tooth by their first birthday----and here we are going on 14 months in 5 days and nada. Everyone's babies here will be done teething by the time my baby starts. Of course when my other 2 had theirs come in, they happened all really fast---sometimes multiple teeth at once. So I am thinking maybe that will happen with Abby.

Thank you bokkechick for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by shoppermom; October 5th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
October 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HORRIBLE, especially with those stupid molars. I am SO glad their almost fully out (one baby down, and Silas has I think one and a half to go). Silas isn't as bad though. He popped out 6 teeth like it was nothing. It was a bit of a "Oh that's why you were being so whiny" moment after, but nothing horrific. Ayla on the other hand...ugh.

They each only have 4 teeth to go though.
October 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lew is TERRIBLE. And we have not even hit the molars yet. I cannot IMAGINE how he will be with those. UGH!!!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search