Anyone still nursing their little one??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Babymakes8
  • 1 Post By Momof4Boyz
  • 1 Post By Hazel
  • 1 Post By bajars2531
  • 1 Post By Hazel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 01:19 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often are you nursing your 1 year old?? We seem to be nursing A LOT still. Somedays he doesn't nurse much, but usually it's very frequently still.

October 7th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep, I am. She nurses morning and night still, and sometimes mid-day for a nap. I am ready to wean, she's not. We're at a bit of a cross roads.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

October 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Yes and a lot still! My others had gotten to where they only nursed a few times a day at this point but Carson still wants to nurse every 2 hours! Although if we are out for the day he is happy to eat normal food and drink from a cup, just at home he thinks he should have the boob available lol.
BeachMum likes this.

Facebook
October 7th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every 2-4 hours during the day and 4-6 at night. Plus she outeats my 3yo with regular food
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.
October 7th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Glad to see we're not the only ones still nursing every 2 hours. He's the sameway, when we are out, he doesn't ask for it or I can distract him with his cup, but at home he pulls on my shirt

October 7th, 2012, 08:54 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caeden nurses a lot still too. He's teething pretty bad right now so he is always looking for the boob. It's definitely his woobie. He still nurses at night quite a bit too. I don't mid the nursing, I plan to nurse until he self weans, it's the pumping that I hate. I am really hoping to stop pumping at work when he is 16 months or so.
BeachMum likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Girl, you still pumping is AHMAZING. I wouldn't be able to. I plan to self wean too, he can't tolerate dairy so I will just stick with it, somedays I'm SO done, but he enjoys it so much. <3

October 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Some days I'm SOO done also!! Kynslee nurses approx 4 times a day (which is GREAT compared to couple weeks ago). The 2 days she has actually nursed 5 times but my parents are here and her schedule is crazy. I'm hoping to start weaning her but she wants nothing to do with it so we are just slowly trying to dwindle down the eating times. I'm hoping to start introducing whole milk pretty soon also and see if that helps.

Has it helped reduce or eliminate a nursing with you mamas that have already given whole milk? And, how did your LO respond to it? Did you mix with bm at first?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

October 8th, 2012, 11:35 AM
With #2, he just had a milk with his meals and then the nursings dwindled down (he nursed until 16 months I think). With #3 he did the same, but we found out he was allergic to milk around a year and a half and he went to almond milk.

Matthew seems to have a milk allergy too so I'm nursing until he can either tolerate it or we find something he can have.

October 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a bummer some of your kids have milk allergy. That would be harder to transition them. did they seemed bothered by yogurts? Kynslee has bites of our yogurts occasionally and she seems to do fine with it.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

October 9th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iz will take a sip or two when I drink milk but she has very little interest in it. My boys were the same way--around 18 months they decided they liked it and started to replace nursing sessions with glasses of milk. With Sterling, I was working full-time and pumping and when he told me at 18 months that nursies didnt go in cups, I was quite happy to pack up the pump
BeachMum likes this.
October 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I would be ready to pack up the pump too. I never lasted long pumping. I commend you for sticking it out.

Ashley, M doesn't like yogurt, he spits it out, but my 3 year old seems to tolerate it fine. It's just drinking the milk that flairs his asthma and brings out the eczema big time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search