one year shots

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How did your LO do with them? I hear some say they are one of the worst set and sometimes hurt more. Have you mamas found this to be true?

Kynslee goes for her 1 year apt today and will also get the shots. I hate it when they get the shots It breaks my poor mams heart to see them happy and the next minute screaming their head off
October 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Uggh I hate shots Matthew is supposed to go on Wednesday, but I think I'm going to postpone the appt for next week so dh can go with me.

October 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only do one shot at a time so it's not so bad. She takes them pretty good as long as she is destracted.

October 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Momma2BraylonandMadeline's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma2BraylonandMadeline
There are a lot of shots at the one year appointment. DH went with but we did both the kids appointments together and since DS had an AWEFUL doctor last time we had a sick visit and scared the crap out of him it was almost worse for him because we had to overcome that and he wasn't getting any shots just a well visit. As for the shots she was VERY upset to the point that she almost stopped breathing while she caught her breath which broke my heart and pretty much crushed DH's. I know it's a necessary evil and hopefully she won't remember this one yet. DS started remember things around 2 from doctor visit to doctor visit so we are now working on making the visits as best we can with him to overcome one bad one.

Thanks claire1979 for my adorable siggy!

October 8th, 2012, 06:57 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She had 3 shots and a finger prick...we were actually a few shots behind that's why she got 3 that day. The finger prick for her was super easy, she just watched as the nurse squeezed her finger to get more blood. The shots were awful though, she screamed and screamed. But she was fine the moment we left. My pedi advised us to give her advil an hour before shots for it to help with the pain, maybe you can do that? I did notice a difference when I gave advil and when I haven't.

As far as side effects or whatever, she was perfectly fine and happy all day. She did get a little cold with a really stuffy nose the next day though. That was her first time ever being sick, I blame the shots

October 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee seemed to do pretty good. She had her finger pricked at her 9 month apt because that apt didn't have any shots and that way her 1 year apt only had 2 shots. She seemed pretty good. She of course cried and cried but DH stay by her and held her during the shot because I can't watch - it breaks my heart! I give mama love afterwards to cheer her back up.
BeachMum likes this.
October 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad she did ok!

October 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Glad she did good! Evan had 5, would have been 6 but I didn't do the flu, and blood draw. It was awful during but the crying didn't last but a few minutes after, and no issues with reactions or anything..

It's a Boy!!!
October 9th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad she did okay also! Just sad to have to listen to them cry over the shots!

They didn't even offer the flu shot at her pedi. I don't think I would have done the flu shot either if they did offer it.
October 10th, 2012, 10:36 PM
x.mary.x's Avatar Veteran
Leigha's 1 year shots were surprisingly, the easiest she's had so far! I expected them to be bad. She had 2 shots, MMR and Varicella. The first one, she didn't even flinch. The second one, they said would sting, and she cried for a few seconds. Normally, after her shots, she's a wreck for the next day or so but this time, she was her usual happy self right away.

October 11th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great she did so well!

Kynslee was kinda grumpy the next day and felt a little hot at one point so I gave her some Tylenol. At first I thought the shots and then I realized that she's getting 2 more teeth and that's probably what it was.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search