I obsess too much...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By jmills1129
  • 1 Post By emsketch
  • 2 Post By jojow
  • 1 Post By bmarti07
  • 2 Post By herdestiny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Loving my little boy. <3
I have always, always been worry some when it comes to Michael. You all should see my google searches. But every month I get an email with whatever milestones Michael should be hitting. And this month he doesn't seem to be hitting many and this is a first. He stil doesn't wave, point to things, still doesn't respond to his name, and isn't saying anything else except for mama and baba. Anyone else experiencing this? Every time I put in anything as far as his missed milestones the first thing that pops up is early sign of autism. My brother has autism and I'm terrified that he does too now. Pleasemommy's ease my worries!

October 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Blah! Do not even worry!! He is fine Every kid is different! I know thats easier said than done, but really, has his doctor expressed any worry? If not, dont worry. Itll drive you insane.

Also, Gary only says the same things! And it seems anytime he says anything else its just repeating what we say. So dont worry about that!

October 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
People do say that boys are sometimes a lil slower to reach their milestones. I'm sure he is okay

October 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Also, dont compare. . .I am not saying its happening here, but some people embellish and exaggerate what their LO is doing/saying.
emsketch likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry, the first advice i always give to someone is "DO NO SELF DIAGNOSE", you can search and find a symptom for any problem out there, Madison is only saying 'dada' and 'baba', doesnt point to things, or anything like that. All children progress differently! If this is the first time he is missing milestones dont worry, he will get there, just work with him at it! And try not to worry, simetimes google can be your worst enemy!
mBABYe likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
October 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please don't worry - it's a bit early to really tell for that type of thing, and I think you would be seeing more missed milestones than what you just said. Every baby is different! Example- my older daughter did not say any words until about 12 months but Dahlia is already saying mama, dada, kitty and some other baby words at 9 months. She also has begun clapping and pointing, but again, my oldest did not start doing these things until later. Waving did not kick in til much later with my oldest as well. Dahlia doesn't even really wave, she just flaps her arms, lol!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

October 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't sweat it! Like the other ladies said, every kid develops at their own pace. Duncan is right there with Michael.
bmarti07 likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
jojow
Levi doesn't point, wave, or talk, just the typical mama, dada, baba. I never thought it was a problem? The emails you are getting don't really mean a thing. Babies all develop at their own paces! Just because he's not doing these things doesn't mean he's behind or slow. Stop worrying Mama!!
bmarti07 and sugarloafbaby like this.
October 9th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto what the other girls have said. I know as a mom it's impossible not to worry but try to refrain from Dr. Google! My son doesn't wave and only says Dada also.

To ease your mind, I would mention to your Pedi. that you have a brother with autism, and are concerned. He/she can probably give you reassurance! As the other's have said, every baby is different.
mBABYe likes this.
October 9th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Loves Kate!
Don't worry!! Katelyn waved for a while and then stopped. Same with clapping, did it for a while and stopped. She hasn't said any words. All kids are different.

Born 11/19/11
October 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
ditto to pp!! Hunter did things for a while and stopped and hasn't done them since. He only says dada now and just crawled yesterday for the first time! I would definately talk to your pedi for reassurance if it bothers you that much.
October 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Ditto the other girls. Try not to Google things. If you are concerned since there is a family history I would definitely mention it to your pediatrician so he knows to monitor your concerns. But again, try not to worry. I have a friend who's nephew is autistic and none of his other siblings are. Just because it's there doesn't mean it's THERE. Know what I mean? Ohhh the joys of motherhood. We'll never stop worrying. Perks of the job

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

October 10th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Loving my little boy. <3
Thanks ladies! I'm trying not to worry too much. I did mention it to the doctor and she said she would keep an eye on him but she only seemed concerned with him not responding to his name. I'm trying not to self diagnose but its hard!! I've been trying to ask my mom about anything she noticed with my brother when he was michaels age and she said he isn't anywhere near how my brother was. Although she did mention that he isn't saying too many words but my brother was saying a bunch of words at 10 months. Way to make me feel better mom! but either way I'm just going to try and take a deep breath and let things run their course. I've just been so worried about the autism thing because for the past few months things I've noticed him doing always brought up the autism results (**** you google!) but he eventually learned them and most moms said that their kids did the same thing and they are fine! Phew! I need a glass of wine...lol
mBABYe and jmills1129 like this.

October 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cody vocalizes a lot but it's really all just babble. I really don't pay much attention to things like pointing or waving....I forget when my older two did it, but I'm sure it was after 10 months. Right now I'm more focused on things like his balance and coordination since he's furniture walking, and transitioning to table food - things like that. I really wouldn't worry.
October 11th, 2012, 12:39 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
all babies develop at different rates, though.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search