Christmas Gifts?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I have no idea what to tell people to get Kaylee for Christmas! She doesn't even really play with toys! lol DH and I are going to get her a rocking horse... but I got nothing other than that!

What are you guys getting your LO's for Christmas?
October 9th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, this is our 3rd child in under 5 years, so we're telling everyone to give us college money.

Seriously, I always hate this kind of thing. I don't have any clue yet. You may want to tell them Duplos, Little People stuff - like for the 2 year olds. Any imagination type stuff - a kids' play camera (Elmo one)
October 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
We got Avery a Little Persons Learning Tower. She won't be able to use it until around 18 months but I am super excited to use it. The reviews are awesome!

The Learning Tower by Little Partners

This is what we are asking my inlaws to get her

Red Vintage Kitchen, Pretend Play | Walmart.ca - Online Shopping in Canada

And then her auntie will get her stuff to go with that. I think.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're getting Katelyn a Violet, don't know about AJ.
Ugh. Do ya'll know Christmas is only 12 weeks away??

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 9th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not that sure either. When in doubt I always ask for giftcards because we could always use those. I plan on getting her one of those mickey mouse character mini couches... Mya is starting to show some interest in dolls so I may ask for a soft one for her and she also loves those activity cubes where there are all kinds of pieces to move around. She loves books and plays and looks at them frequently so we're good there. Oh what about chunky puzzles? I bought Mya one and she loves trying to fit the different pieces in.
October 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is a hard age. So far I got him a little talking car from the movie and some Playmobil 123 toys (they are for younger ages) I will probably get him some more car stuff has he likes to dive them around and maybe one of those floor mats to drive them on. Other than that probably just stocking stuffer things (toothbrush, paste, other little toys. Maybe I'll buy him some more cloth diapers or clothes.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like anything from vtech or leapfrog, they're tough and educational. I just cleaned up today for all the kids plus cousins at Costco-now to wrap and then do stockings and I'm done for the kidlets

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
October 9th, 2012, 05:37 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Savannah is obsessed with baby dolls, so we are going to get her baby doll accessories, such as a baby stroller, baby playpen etc...

I would just tell people to get her anything that falls in her age category on the box
October 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I like anything from vtech or leapfrog, they're tough and educational. I just cleaned up today for all the kids plus cousins at Costco-now to wrap and then do stockings and I'm done for the kidlets

REALLY???? I am seriously jealous, Ive barely started!!! Though Ive made the executive decision that Im not getting or worrying about gifts for anyone but my parents and my 2 kids. Ive taken care of Dales daughter and his 5 nieces and nephews every year we've been together with no appreciation so this year he can do it on his own!!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure yet on little stuff... Big gift is bunk beds for the girls, mattresses bedding sets, pillows etc.
October 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do three big gifts per kid ($30-60 range dep on age), and then fill their stockings with little stuff. Cousins each get one $15 toy and done. Teachers, instructors, childcare etc get a box of chocolates and an itunes or coffee card. Since we're fundraising for DD's ballet, those guys are all getting Purdy's. Just dh and the two sets of grandparents and I'm finito! Now to wrap the mass of stuff in the garage.
Break it down to three bigger gifts per kid and it really makes it so much easier-you've really got to pick and choose
CouponClipper likes this.

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
October 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing! We don't do gifts for Christmas. Family buys them things, & we just let them get what they want. If I were to buy for them, I'd probably do clothes, art supplies, & maybe some computer game software.

October 11th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I'm only doing a few small things for Keelan. We don't do big at Christmas. I have no idea what we're getting him yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search