Birthdays

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone planning a party for lo? will you be doing anything special
October 9th, 2012, 09:48 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We are planning a party december 8th it will be mostly family which is a lot and some friends and their kids, the total was 54 people which makes me cringe but its what we do in our family lol all the kids 1st bday is always a big ordeal lol Mickey Mouse themed, which i am just about to change, everyone and i mean EVERYONE is doing mickey and although Gary loves mickey he is starting to really take a liking to Sesame street, and i am thinking we may do that instead lol
herdestiny likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 10:39 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just set up her "event" lol, just a party with family, and then that afternoon a party with close friends :-)

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
October 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We will have a big party with family and friends.

October 10th, 2012, 07:04 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep! His party will be monkey themed on Dec 8th! Since it's his first it will be big with family and friends at our house!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

October 10th, 2012, 10:52 AM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
We are also doing a monkey theme!!! His party will be at dh's dad and stepmom's house because we have such a big family!! His party will be on his birthday Dec 15th!!
October 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I love the monkey theme ideas

I don't know what our theme is going to be yet. All I know is it will be big. LOL. We're renting a pavilion, a bounce house, & a keg. We have a TON of friends with kids so the bounce house is highly necessary. It has become party tradition around here.. even if the babies are a little young yet. I cannot wait!!! Is it December YET?!!! hahaha
sareymac likes this.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

October 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Loves Kate!
We are having a party with family and a few friends. We are considering inviting more friends that evening but not sure. We are doing a ladybug theme. I just finished the invites yesterday.

Born 11/19/11
October 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
You did your invites already?! Man, I gotta get on this!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

October 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing a party since it's a first birthday. We have a lot of family, so the invite list is bigger than what my house can accommodate. I will probably have to figure something out to have it somewhere else. With Dallas' birthday in June, it was easy to have it outside, but December is a bit cold for that, lol!

October 10th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Loving my little boy. <3
Oh yes!! We are doing a huge party with friends and family so far it's 50 but we keep adding! The theme is the movie Up so we're going to have lots of balloons rainbow colored everything, I'm even buying little suitcases for the 'gift bags' filled with adventure books and random other goodies! I've been planning this for 3 months already but crunch time is coming up!

The one thing I am super excited for though is instead of gifts we are asking people to bring something to put in a time capsule for him to open on his 18th birthday. God knows we don't need anymore clothes or toys so I figured this was perfect since its still a gift just one he won't see until he's older!

October 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're definitely having something - more than likely with the family and some friends at my MIL's house. We're thinking maybe the weekend after his bday which is Nov. 30th/Dec 1st. The weekend before people are still traveling for Thanksgiving.
October 10th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Julka
Guess I'm the odd one out, we don't throw big parties at all here. I am not huge on "hosting" things. We normally celebrate on the day of the birthday with just our family and he gets gifts from family as well whenever it's convenient or we visit, etc. I make the child a cake or cupcakes, they get presents, and we do something special on a weekend (for the older kids for now). We make it extra special but without the whole party thing.
October 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Love My Boys ♥
There sure will be a party!! I'm getting some ideas and starting to plan things!

October 11th, 2012, 12:37 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
I am doing a cute owl theme and having it before chirstmas. just family and close friends.
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search