Teeth!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Okay, I know most of your babies have a buncha teeth and whatnot. . .Gary has his two bottom, But we went to have his second flu shot on Friday, and the doctor noticed his irritability and ear tugging. I told her about him not sleeping so she checked his ears which were just fine and then she checked his mouth, he wouldnt let her at first once she got up there YIKES. He has 4 top teeth all coming in at once, and it was red and swollen and awful looking! What are you all doing for teething, she suggested tyleno, so i got that. . .helps a bit but i dunno I know hes miserable.

He was 30lbs 12ounces so the dosage was like, hmmm? Since it says under 2 blah blah blah and over 2 it had the weight. So i called they said give him what it says for his weight. So i did.
Anyway, what do you do for yours when its bad?

October 9th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Julka
Sebastian has 8 teeth. The last few months were a bit miserable, since he got them all between 5 and 9 months, so four months of teething. It's just this past month that he finally got a break from it.

Like you, I did Tylenol when I could tell he was miserable, just by weight as well. And orajel sometimes. But that's it, really. Sometimes it was tough, other times he popped a tooth and I didn't even see it coming. Some people put ice or frozen fruit in those mesh feeders.

Hope poor Gary gets a break from it soon!
October 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM
thank you! I mean, I honestly am so not worried about me not sleeping. ESPECIALLY since I saw what his gums look like i just feel soooo bad

October 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor kid! Duncan has two bottom teeth and one coming in on the top. The one on the top makes him look like a little hillbilly!

I use this chart for dosing tylenol
Acetaminophen | Ask Dr. Sears®

October 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
I try to avoid using any Tylenol or Motrin as much as possible. I'm not against it at all. I just figure this teething nonsense gets drug out so many months I don't want to be giving him THAT much acetaminophen or whatever.

I stick to the Orajel and the teething tablets. Those teething tablets are miracle workers! ..but it just helps them sleep. It's not really pain relieving like the Orajel or Tylenol. I only use the tablets at night when I see him rubbing his gums and ears a lot.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

October 9th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor fella! I use the little teethers that you put in the freezer. I have also given Jon a cold, wet cloth to gnaw on...he likes that.
October 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Poor Gary!!
Hunter has two on bottom and one on top that has broke through and at least 3 more about to come through! He is a pretty good teether though. I give him teething tablets and some tylenol when he does get pretty fussy and it usually helps.
October 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Loving my little boy. <3
Teething tablets, teething tablets, teething tablets. They are the only thing that has worked for us. Orajel doesn't even work! They are called Hyland's I believe and they were a god send. Michael was getting his bottom teeth in at the same time and I tried everything. I mean everything. And I spent 4 hours driving around with a screaming baby trying to get him to sleep. Finally I looked on google saw the reviews went to CVS picked those bad boys up gave him three and he passed out within a minute. Best 6.99 I've ever spent. Lol

October 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do Advil when it's really bad (like won't sleep can't stop crying/screaming bad). He also sleeps with me (the worst nights he's up crying every 2 hrs, but if he's in bed with me he only wakes, fusses for a sec and back asleep (such a suck lol).
Oragel, Frozen washcloths and I think I told you we started giving him Arrowroot to chew which I think feels good on his gums.
I feel awful for these poor babies!

October 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just use tylenol when it is really bad. Mind you, Dahlia only has 2 bottom teeth as well - we are expecting more to pop through any day now! Cold teething rings, rubbing their gums and teething biscuits work well too.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

October 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Nothing seems to help for me over here, some days he even refuses food! He gets upset if i try to put something in near his mouth, whether it be the Tylenol, a spoon, even a homemade ice pop didn't go over well today! I hate teething, i feel terrible that he's in so much pain

October 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I only use tylenol on the days she takes more than an hour or so to fall asleep but always use teething tablets.

October 11th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena26 View Post
Nothing seems to help for me over here, some days he even refuses food! He gets upset if i try to put something in near his mouth, whether it be the Tylenol, a spoon, even a homemade ice pop didn't go over well today! I hate teething, i feel terrible that he's in so much pain
UGH! Gary too, with the refusing to eat, thats how we knew he was hurting! That kid not eat!? lol But I hope you find something soon!

October 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM
LookingGlassAlice's Avatar Pagan FTM
I make Willow frozen pureed fruit cubes and put them her mesh feeder
More fundamental than religion is our basic human spirituality. We have a basic human disposition towards love, kindness and affection, irrespective of whether we have a religious framework or not. When we nurture this most basic human resource – when we set about cultivating those basic inner values which we all appreciate in others, then we start to live spiritually. - Dalai Lama

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search