Grrr, she got bit again

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well this morning, I dropped her off and the office manager asked me if I spoke to the director. I said no, she never called me. Her eyes got HUGE and she said that the director said she called me and left me a message. I have my cell phone on me ALL the time. Even at home, it's near me. So I told her that no, she did not call me and I do not have a message. I told her that "maaaaybe" she called my work number. She got out her little sheet and said, No...I gave her your cell phone number. She looked pretty ticked. She said that she will call her today and make sure she calls me.

I have been calling around, but there's really only one other center that I would put her in and it's booked. There's a waiting list.

Becca--it's a church operated daycare so it's just a small, local place.

October 10th, 2012, 07:14 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Omg, I can't believe she lied! What a snake! Mandy, ugh I am spitting fire for you! That is completely unacceptable! I would DEMAND to speak to her in PERSON today! That is such crap!

Okay, rant over! haha
I really hope you can find something else for her...Wish I was closer...I would watch her! Savannah doesn't bite. haha
Rachel, Dixana and tricia_16_ like this.
October 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I would be raging mad at that director! It just is not acceptable to do that.

I really hope something works out for you - and soon.
October 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, if it is one same child that keeps biting her, that family needs to be given a warning to be kicked out. I've worked in daycares for YEARS and I've had an times where the older ones will consistently bite the little ones. Idk why. I've had a case where the director had to ask a family to leave due to all the biting. I think the child bit the same child 4 times and they had to leave. As a mom, all hell would've broke loose if it were me, and I would demand something be done. Can your child get moved back to the younger room until you find another place? Poor thing. I would be furious. And, it is the directors fault, they aren't going by ratios. It may be happening while she's changing diapers and she can't get to your child. I know, in my state we can call dhr and they can be on probation and possibly loose their license. Hell, I'd tell the director if something doesn't get done you're going to call. I'm mad for you hun!!! lol

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
October 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
That is so terrible! poor baby girl. I would be looking everywhere for an in-home provider- I think the ratios tend to be lower.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Poor BB! I'm sorry she's gotten bit so many times. FWIW, there are some days around here with both Sarah and I supervising Keelan and Gabby and Keelan gets bit. It happens so quickly some times. I don't think it's necessarily a supervision issue, but more of the biter needs to go issue.

I hope you get some answers soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search