Introducing table foods

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By katiep726
  • 1 Post By klockert
  • 1 Post By Lilysmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lily likes everything she has tried so far as far as table food goes. Aside from the little bites I give her off of my plate, she is mostly eating 3rd foods jars right now. I recently had to bump her up to two jars at dinner, a meat then a vege of some kind. Now she really seems ready to try meals consisting of table food. Whenever she sees me eat, she crawls over and starts reaching for my plate. That is just what my instincts are telling me though. She is 10.5 months.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carter pretty much refuses to eat baby food out of the jar so he's eating all table foods. He usually has whatever I'm having unless its too spicy or something. Some of his favorites are green beans, avocado, black beans, and chicken (grilled or nuggets). I've also tried some of the gerber graduates meals. He's eaten some of the pasta pickups I just cut them smaller and some chicken and veggie stew.

He really doesn't like anything sweet or fruit either. Makes it harder to find stuff for breakfast and lunch!
SkyBaby likes this.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
October 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
Gabriella is starting to refuse the jar stuff too. She just eats mostly what we eat. TOday for breakfast she had scrambled eggs, wheat toast, and half a banana, lunch she had a lunchable with turkey, swiss cheese and wheat crackers, and for dinner she ate chicken nuggets, rice, and peaches.
SkyBaby likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! They like their table food huh lol. Lily still likes her baby food, but I can tell baby food isn't quite hitting the spot for her anymore. She does love peas and carrots in the soft canned kind. She went nuts for those. They were everywhere! I'm going to make brown rice and veggies for her tomorrow and see how she likes that. Some table food meats are ok too then, cool.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lilysmama
Owen has been on all table foods since 8 months. He flat out refused purees. I pretty much stopped trying because he absolutely hates them. He LOVES food and will gobble up anything I give him. He pretty much eats what we are eating, but I throw in extra fruits and veggies for him. He only has 2 teeth so I cut everything up super small, but he does really well with it all.
SkyBaby likes this.

October 10th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just introduced Lily to Pasta pick ups. Those are a hit! She loves them! I also gave her some canned veggies and tomorrow I'm going to see how she does making a meal out of a combination of the pasta pickups and canned veggies. I also found these apple pickup things by gerber. Lily loves anything sweet and will no doubt gobble those up as well. I don't want to shock her system converting her to only table food and nursing until she is self weaned, so I will still be giving her meals of third foods as well.

October 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Mia's never really had purees, we've always done baby led weaning, she's loved it.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
October 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I barely gave Bella any baby foods at all. Once she was able to start eating solids I tried my best to mash up what we were having with dinner and give her that. As of a month or two ago we've been able to cut it up and she feeds herself. I'd say she's had less than 10 jars of baby food her whole life lol. So I'd definitly say go for it! It's a lot cheaper and easier for them to eat table food Bella is always wanting to eat what we have. She can tell when I give her something different and she's starting throw little fits about it. Not very cute but it's amazing how smart she is about it!
October 24th, 2012, 08:45 PM
promises1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jordan stopped eating baby food quite a while ago. He eats just about everything I do. He has 8 teeth now so he chew it up pretty well. The baby yogurt is the only "baby food" he still eats and he loves that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search