Its been TOOOO LONG!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Super Mommy
All is well here....Brandon and I are happy and healthy....Riley is....just Riley. Ha ha. She is almost walking..cruising on everything, wants to hold my hand anytime we go anywhere instead of riding in the stroller. She is just becoming a very independent little girl. She turned 11 months today...only one more month and she will be the big "1"...Where has the time gone....

We have started the transition over to whole milk and it has not gone smoothly. If you remember we had all the problems with milk protein intolerance when she was a newborn, switched her over to Nutramigen and Voila! I had a new baby....I was really apprehensive about switching her to whole milk but the pediatrician said that the only way we would know if she had a problem was if we tried her on it. Well, she does. Starting the day after we started her with 25% percent whole milk and 75% Nutramigen she quickly became constipated and would poop out solid golf ball sized poopies. She would scream and cry and was just miserable. I stopped all cows milk on Sunday (we started with cows milk on thursday) and she is feeling a little better today.

I have an appointment for her tomorrow at her pediatrician's office and I swear to beans if he blows me off and tells me she doesn't have an issue I will yell at the top of my lungs "You're Fired".....I just don't care about his feelings anymore. If he can't get the job done for me I will leave his behind in the dust.

I have Riley's 1st birthday party all planned and ready to go. We are having a party at Gymboree...Look it up it is really cool for kids under 5. Unfortunately I only have 5 kids (including riley) coming and like 40+ adults (all DH's family) but thats ok. I finally stopped fighting with MIL over the party and told her if she wanted a huge party she could pay for the venue or have it at her house because it wasn't happening at my house. So she payed up and I'm doing the rest. I have decided to just pick and choose my battles wisely and just let her have her way sometimes. Although I did yell at her when she bought Riley a Northface jacket ($70) and told her to save her money for Riley's bday and xmas. And that the lavish "Just cause" gifts needed to stop because there is no reason for it. She didn't like that very much. But again, I just don't care anymore. I have too much crap on my plate.

Hope all is well with everyone else!!! Here are a few recent pictures of the Bug.

Riley and her daddy

birthday shopping

October 9th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is so cute!!! Long time no see! Welcome back!

I'm sorry the milk thing isn't working out for her. I seem to recall my little brother having a similar issue as a toddler. I don't remember much as I was very young myself, about 5-6 years old and he is 4 years younger than me. You wouldn't know he had any of those problems as a toddler. Right now, he goes through like a gallon of milk every 5 days lol. I do remember him being a little kid before he outgrew the issue, whatever it was. The point is, he did eventually outgrow it. Maybe Riley will too? I'm glad she is feeling better though. I do remember my brother being miserable and crying a lot.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Super Mommy
I hope she does too. I know for me I out grew it and then when I turned 20 i started having issues with it again. I have never been a big milk drinker so that could be why it never really surfaced until I was 20 and started drinking more milk.

Riley's appointment didn't go very well today. Needless to say I finally had enough of her pediatrician blowing me off and got a new doctor today. She has an appointment tomorrow morning with the new doc. I just got fed up with him arguing with me that there was not a problem. I am the mother I should know better than a doctor who only sees her every few months. GRRRRRR. lol

October 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^Exactly! Trust your instincts. I know if Lily's pedi started acting like that, I would fire him quick! I like her pedi though. He doesn't blow me off, he just reassures me that she is fine but definitely checks her over. She has this odd little wheeze when she is really excited or crying. She doesn't do it when she is relaxed. He sat with his stethoscope on her chest for a few minutes waiting to hear her wheeze. He identified it as some kind of larynx issue where it doesn't quite close all the way, it had some long medical name and I can't remember it. He said it is very common and that she will likely outgrow it and that if it hasn't gone away by the time she is 5 or 6, they will run some tests. I'm ok with that. That, in my book is how a pedi should act. When mom knows something is off, she must be taken seriously by the pedi. I would find a new one, too. Ask around your area and see who other moms recommend.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 12th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I fired her pediatrician. And found a new one. They got me in the very next day. He is wonderful. I was so happy I cried tears of joy at the end of our appointment and gave him a huge hug. I am sure I threw him off a bit but I think he understood my frustration with the previous pedi. When I told him about all of her issues as a newborn and that the doctor said to "just give her juice and suppositories" he looked at me mortified. I told him how the old pedi kept telling me it had nothing to do with the formula and that it was "just a phase" and he looked at me and said I wish you would have come to us sooner.

Needless to say she does have a very severe milk and soy protein intolerance. He put her on 1 tsp of miralax once a day until further notice. He even did a rectal exam on her, something the last pedi NEVER did. He noticed the rash she had was from the milk and she also had tiny tears around her hiney hole. poor baby. He said she was still very compacted and that it would probably take about a week for her to get back to some sort of "normal"....I am kicking myself for waiting so long to switch.

She has a recheck in 2 weeks and then at her 1 year appt she will have a blood allergy test because he doesn't want to put her through the skin test. He also was concerned about her weight because she is just so so small for her age. (only 15 lbs) and in the 5th percentile. The last pedi said there was nothing to be concerned about. The new pedi said babies should have AT LEAST tripled their birth weight. (she was 6.1 lbs.)

I just hate that I wasted so much time on the old pediatrician. I think his problem was that he practiced in S. Korea for so long and then came to America a few years ago but he still practices as though he is still back home. It just doesn't make sense that he would be so nonchalant about so many things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search