Induction scheduled!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very disappointed that we had to do it but my doctor will not let me go past the 41 week mark and here we are at week 40, 1 day. I am still hoping to go into labor on my own but as of now I am not dilating (having some contractions but not a lot). Little one is safe and tolerating everything very well, and I have plenty of amniotic fluid too. Lets all say some prayers that I deliver on my own before October 17. We do not want a repeat c-section.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

October 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dilation vibes coming at you!

I can't wait to meet one of our Aug '11 siblings!
wingqueen26 likes this.
October 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!! 40 weeks already?? Holy crap!! Your pregnancy went by fast (for me, LOL).

Why won't your doc let you go passed 41 weeks? If you're healthy and baby is healthy...

Sending good vibes that you go into labor on your own and no repeat c-section!! I cannot wait to see pictures, oh my gosh.
wingqueen26 likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying you go into labor! Go walking & get busy with DH!

C-sections are of the devil. Hoping you get your vbac!
wingqueen26 likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Happy Mommy
I was thinking the same thing as Mandy. holy wow that went fast!!

GOod luck with everything. keep us posted!
wingqueen26 likes this.
October 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Good luck honey! I hope you get your vbac!
wingqueen26 likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 09:31 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I know that my opinion of these things are not popular but they work for you. They can not let you do anything. ACOG says that pregnancy is between 37 and 42 weeks. As long as baby is healthy there is no reason to induce they do not let you do things. It bothers me when doctors use that statement. Its not just with a due date its with eating or drinking during labor, walking during labor ect. I am surprised actually that they want to induce considering you are not dilated which means you have a low bishops score which means you are not favorable for an induction at this point. I do realize that sometimes that induction is for the best and I do not look down or judge anyone who makes that choice for themselves. Its your decision but I would consider NSTs after 41 weeks before an induction if baby passes I would consider an induction at 42 weeks but not before as long as everything is going well. I truly hope you get your VBAC. Hang in there!

Oh do you have a breast bump? You can try some nipple stimulation while you are having those contractions. It could help kick start your labor. What are they doing for the induction? It is not recommended to use pit to induce a vbac. If you want to talk more feel free to pm me.

October 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
^What she said!

Agreeing to induction is my BIGGEST regret. Next time, I make the decisions, not my doctor. My doctor is there to advise me and nothing else.

Also- in Canada you cannot be induced if you have had a c-section before, too high of a risk of uterine rupture. Do you mean scheduled c-section or are they inducing??

Best of luck either way, can't wait to see photos of your precious newborn!! Keep us posted.
wingqueen26 likes this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 11th, 2012, 09:42 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
You poor thing! I hope that SOMETHING gets those contractions going for you and LO so you don't have to be induced. I'm sure you know all the tricks at this point, so I am just going to ditto what Rae said: Walk lots and get it on!!! lol

Good luck! Thinking of you!!!
wingqueen26 likes this.
October 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope you are able to get you're vbac.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 11th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Mummy to great girls
Wow, that 40 weeks went fast! I hope all goes smoothly and quickly for you and sending you some dilation vibes too! KUP
wingqueen26 likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Kim
Wow, that went so fast!! Hope you get your VBAC!! I'm surprised they're doing an induction, because there aren't many doctors who will do one for a VBAC. My dr was going to induce me, but wasn't working the day my water broke. Thinking of you!!
wingqueen26 likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get your vbac instead. Sending lots of labor vibes your way.
October 11th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Holy crap you're 40 weeks already!!!!

I hope labor starts up for you.
Just_Marie likes this.
October 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! Your support really means alot!

Yes, I am scheduled for an induction, not a c-section but last time I was induced and it resulted in a c-section so I almost feel like its a foregone conclusion I'll end up with a c-section if I start the induction which we are doing with cervicil (sp?) the night before to soften and dilate me overnight, then we'll see what happens from there, but yes, breaking the bag of waters and pitocin are all in the visible future but at least I can still try instead of just going straight to scheduling a section. I'll kick myself if I don't at least try.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

October 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingqueen26 View Post
Thanks everyone! Your support really means alot!

Yes, I am scheduled for an induction, not a c-section but last time I was induced and it resulted in a c-section so I almost feel like its a foregone conclusion I'll end up with a c-section if I start the induction which we are doing with cervicil (sp?) the night before to soften and dilate me overnight, then we'll see what happens from there, but yes, breaking the bag of waters and pitocin are all in the visible future but at least I can still try instead of just going straight to scheduling a section. I'll kick myself if I don't at least try.
That was a fast 40 weeks! Hopefully things get moving on their own.

I had the cervadil when I was induced. They did break my water but I wasn't given pitocin until the very very end. I hope things go smoothly and even if you have to be inducted you get your vbac.
wingqueen26 likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

October 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I personally would wait for them to break your water until you are 5/6cm at least. You are at that point put on their 24 hour clock and I would hate to see that happen. Also the risk of cord prolapse is higher when you are not dilated.

Oh and even if you don't want a natural birth the longer you hold off on the epi the better. The more able you are able to work the contractions and move with them the more likely you will be successful. Stay upright if you can let gravity work with you to bring your baby down. During contractions wiggle your hips like hula hooping walk get on all fours. You can do this!

October 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Veteran
I had two rounds of cervadil. I was at 41 wks and while I was having good contractions I just was not dilating. They also did a balloon dilation in addition to pitocin. They did not break my water. The balloon dilation doesn't always work (and i think it can be considered controversial) but it worked like a charm for me. If not for that, I really doubt I would've had a vaginal delivery. It's like I needed a kickstart not just for contractions but for the dilation, kwim?

I agree!! You can do this. I would request nst's!!
October 11th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
come out baby!!
CouponClipper and wingqueen26 like this.
October 12th, 2012, 07:27 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was wondering about you!!! I knew you were due & I was hoping to see baby pics!! hehe

I really hope labor starts itself & you are able to have your VBAC you want!! I'd say try every trick int he book to start labor! (Although, I'm sure you already are!!)

I can't wait to hear how it goes & see pictures of your new sweetie!!!
wingqueen26 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search