Neglected Myself

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By CoreenaC
  • 2 Post By joonzgurl
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 05:15 PM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
I've felt so frumpy and fat and disgusting and have been so depressed lately. Carter's almost 14 months old and I'm wearing the same size pants I was before having him but have lost 20 pounds from pre-pregnancy.

Anyway, Carter and I are going to a religious assembly next weekend and I wanted to a dress, I haven't worn a dress in years, usually stick to shirts and skirts but those don't fit right since my body has changed so much. Today we were at the mall and stopped by Motherhood maternity. The amazing sales lady pulled nursing dresses for me to try on and DH grabbed me some nursing bras. I haven't had nursing bras since Carter was a newborn and they broke after a couple weeks.

I got two dresses and 4 dresses. I feel so good! I can't believe it's taken me this long to get some nursing clothes. I focus so much on Carter and his clothes and toys and equipment and have been ignoring myself. I realized today, and DH did too, that I need to focus on myself some too and feel good about myself so I can be a better mother, wife and person.

We're also joining a gym that has a childcare center and I'm going to start really focusing on my midsection. I want to be happy and healthy for my baby boy but look good while getting there too

#2-EDD 9/10/14
TTC 19 months, round 1 of clomid worked! 100 mg CD6-9

October 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you did something for yourself. It is way too easy for all of us to focus on the kids and ignore ourselves.

I'm glad you feel better about yourself.
October 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you treated yourself. It's so easy to put ourselves on the back burner since we're taking care of kids.

October 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM
First Time Mommy
Good for you! I wish I could make myself a priority. I go through phases where I really take care if my eating, I run almost every evening and then something happens and I fall off. It's awful.

I actually just cancelled my gym membership because I stopped using it when DH had his first surgery in May.

I need your ambition!

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
October 14th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You definitely deserve to pamper yourself! I am just like you and the other ladies as far as slacking on the focusing on me department. I barely get enough energy up to put on makeup and never wear my contacts anymore. I also always throw my hair up in a pony tail and throw on a sweatshirt with jeans. I am going to get a gym membership with my sister and we are going to try to keep each other motivated.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
October 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you!! I got to that point around July where I realized that I was letting myself go and felt frumpy. Been eating better (was following weight watchers) and been going to the gym. I feel really good now! Still have a lot of weight to lose, but I just feel better knowing I have been doing something about it. And the little break with my little guy in the gym childcare is nice. He plays with the other kids and I get some "me" time.

October 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Good for you. Everyone deserves to pamper themselves from time to time.
I'm jealous too. The Motherhood Maternity here has almost zero nursing clothes.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Good for you for doing something for yourself! You deserve it!
I definately know how you feel. I was feeling so gross and despressed, and I felt like my husband though I was gross, etc.

Well, I finally re-joined weight wachers, and I would HIGHLY recommend finding meeting if there is one in your area. I have lost over 10lbs since the beginning of September, and I just love the support I get from meetings. Just an idea
CoreenaC and mandy5586 like this.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That's great! I'm glad you both recognized that you needed some pampering!
October 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im determined this pregnancy to dress nicely. I did better with Everett's so I am hoping to be even been with this one.
Dee Darling 3 likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you! It's very hard to put ourselves first once we have children but there are lots of benefits to it.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 16th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Happy Mommy
good!
October 17th, 2012, 06:43 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you, girl! I'm glad you got some clothes/bras that make you feel better about yourself!

It is easy to let yourself go when we are always taking care of little ones. I fear that with two babies, I won't have ANY time for myself but I determined to get back into shape after Bryce comes, no matter what!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search