S/O cleaning

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Raes post about cleaning under appliances made me wonder.....

How often do you clean:

Cabinets? Inside? Outside?

Shower? Shower curtain?

Windows?

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven?

Silverware tray?

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer?

Light switches?

Door knobs?

Keyboards?

Remote controls?

Yeah......I'll stop now.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 14th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I totally forgot one
Ceiling fans.

Im going to post a pic of the one in my kitchen. We leave it on all the time. I cleaned it a month ago tuesday (I remember the date because I was REALLY angry and taking it out on the house) and it is already DISGUSTING. It seriously looks like it hasnt been cleaned in 5 years
Stupid old gross farm house.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you clean:

Cabinets? Inside? Outside? Twice a year. They're always organized.

Shower? Shower curtain? Our shower is sprayed daily, scrubbed weekly. No shower curtain.

Windows? Twice a year. Window sills are cleaned everytime the room it's in is cleaned, so probably several times a week.

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? Fridge, monthly, microwave, a few times a week (something always spills) oven, every other month.

Silverware tray? Every 6-8 weeks on average.

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. Couch, daily. Our bed & dresser is almost impossible to move. I use the attachment the best I can. I move my kids' furniture probably every few months.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? I wipe the outsides about once a month. I don't clean the inside.

Light switches?
When someone gets sick or I see dirt.
Door knobs? Same.

Keyboards?
Same.
Remote controls? Same.

Fans are cleaned if I see dust accumulating.

October 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cabinets? Inside? Outside? Not often, I do regularly organize them though and wipe them off if they look dirty

Shower? Shower curtain? I clean the entire bathroom once or twice a week. Plastic curtain i spray with the rest of the shower, the fabric one I wash every few weeks.

Windows? I hate windows. About once a month i guess.

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? When Fridge i go through weekly and wipe down the inside when it needs it. Microwave weekly. I haven't cleaned the oven since i got here but it was sparkling when we moved in and it's not really dirty yet.

Silverware tray? ...Never?

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. the big stuff, very rarely. Stuff i can move, every couple months

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? outside i do when it looks dirty, inside i havent yet.

Light switches? When i think About it. Not super often

Door knobs? Same as switches.

Keyboards? Every few months

Remote controls? Rarely

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

October 14th, 2012, 10:04 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cabinets? Inside? Outside? I always organize them, but don't clean the inside often because its never really dirty. I wipe down the outsides probably once a week.

Shower? Shower curtain? Shower curtains I replace probably once a month (cheap dollar store ones). I clean the shower once a week unless it needs it sooner.

Windows? Whenever they look dirty.

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? Fridge I clean every week or two, whenever I need to go grocery shopping. Microwave I clean once a week unless it needs it before that.

Silverware tray? Not often because it doesn't really get dirty

Familyroom furniture I clean under every few days. Bedrooms probably every few months I move everything...the rest of the time I use the vacuum attachments and get them the best I can.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? Probably once a month

Light switches? Once a month

Door knobs? when I think about it or after someone in our house gets over being sick

Keyboards? rarely

Remote controls? once a week

Yeah......I'll stop now.

October 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cabinets? Inside? Outside?
Inside, almost never (maybe twice in 7 years, unless you're talking about getting rid of the old cans and food, then every season.
Outside - probably once every 2 months, unless it needs spot cleaning.

Shower? Shower curtain?
Shower - every week
Shower curtain - as needed

Windows?
I try for every spring and fall

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven?
Fridge - food is every week, shelves as needed or twice a year
Oven - not nearly often enough - it's almost been a year and i need to do it again
Microwave - as needed, spot clean and then once a month

Silverware tray?
? Never? It's in a drawer, doesn't get dirty.

Wood floors, so I swiffer under the furniture. I wish I could say once a week, but it's a lot less often than that.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer?
Outside - probably once a month
Inside washer - maybe once every 2-3 months

Light switches?
When I clean the room - bathrooms and kitchen every week (or more), rest of house less often

Door knobs?
Same as light switches

Keyboards?
Never

Remote controls?
Depends on colds and stuff in our house - probably once a month

Ceiling Fans?
At least twice a year. If they look bad, more often.

Ok, now I feel like I need to take a personal day to clean my house. Thanks.
October 15th, 2012, 08:11 AM
First Time Mommy
How often do you clean: um.....some of you won't like my answers!

Cabinets? Inside? Outside? I organize them every few months, but rarely clean them on the inside.

Shower? Shower curtain? We don't have a shower curtain. I clean the shower every time I deep clean the bathrooms so once a month.

Windows? Ugh don't get me started on this. I HATE our windows at our current house. When we moved in, they had 30 years of filth on them because our landlord is 80 years old. I try to scrub them, but it doesn't do much good. They need to be professional cleaned...oh and we can't open them and I hate that.

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? I deep clean the fridge once a month. I clean it out, but I actually remove everything and clean all of the shelves once a month. Microwave, I clean it when it gets dirty. We don't use it that often. Oven, I've never cleaned inside of our oven. It's one of those old, built in ones that hardly even works anyway.

Silverware tray? Um...never.

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. Everytime I deep clean the living room, I move the couches and find toys and vacuum under it. I've never moved our bed or dressers, OOPS!

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? I wipe them down when DH gets lint everywhere. OTher than that, I don't clean them.

Light switches? Um....never

Door knobs? When one of us gets sick.

Keyboards? I have a laptop and it hardly needs to be cleaned.

Remote controls? When one of us gets sick.

Ceiling fans? We only have two ceiling fans (the one in Brynlee's room is broken and our landlord never replaced it so it doesn't get used). I clean them when I deep clean that room so once a month.

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
October 15th, 2012, 09:33 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do y'all clean the inside of the washer? When I read some of these answers, I looked in ours & it's squeaky clean as always. Nice, shiny, & white. Never even thought to clean inside of it because I've never seen dirt, & I wash whites with bleach once a week. Figured that was enough. I run the dishwasher with a little vinegar to sanitize it every once in awhile, and that's only because sometimes I can smell odors trapped in it or the disposal from time to time.

October 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Cabinets? Inside? Outside? Inside- hardly ever. Outside once or twice per year.

Shower? Shower curtain? Weekly. No shower curtain.

Windows? Inside as needed- 2-4 times per year. Outside, 2x per year, fall and spring

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? As needed. Every month or two?

Silverware tray? Again, as needed.

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. Never.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? Our washer has a "clean washer" cycle that I run ever few months.

Light switches? As needed. When they are dirty.

Door knobs? Never.

Keyboards? Never.

Remote controls? Never.

Ceiling Fans? We dont have any ceiling fans. The vent fans in the bathrooms get done 2 or so times per year.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Cabinets? Inside? Outside? can't remember the last time.

Shower? Shower curtain? I clean the shower every time I clean the tub, but I haven't cleaned the curtain in a long time. I routinely throw away the inside curtain and get a new one.

Windows? uh, probably last year

Inside of fridge? Microwave? Oven? fridge, about once a month. microwave whenever I notice it needs it or when something explodes in it. Oven? I got this one new last year and haven't cleaned it yet.

Silverware tray? when it looks dirty

How often do you move furniture to clean under it? Couch, beds, dresses, etc. often since we have hardwood throughout. it's easy to do.

What about the outside of the washer and dryer (like wiping them down), inside of the washer? never

Light switches? rarely

Door knobs? rarely

Keyboards? often since my skin is so dry and flaky, they get dirty/dusty quick.

Remote controls? never

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search